War/battle games

VNAM75 14:45 17 Nov 07

Which are the best ones for the pc? I'm thinking of getting rome total war, medieval 2 total war and empire earth 3. What other good ones are there?

I after games where you take control of large numbers of units rather than first person shooters.

JanetO 14:54 17 Nov 07

Here's the main site for Heaven games click here

citadel 16:29 17 Nov 07

medieval 2 total war is the best.

Totally-braindead 16:57 17 Nov 07

I like the Command and Conquer games and many of them are out on budget so theres no need to spend a fortune to see if you like them and if you're on budget as with many games you should be able to download demos to see what you actually like. They are probably the predecessors to games like the Total War series and you might not like them.

Trying the demos saves parting with money and getting something you don't like and gives you an idea of how well they will run.

The Ghost of Inept Pig 17:24 17 Nov 07

I agree with the C&C games being good fun - you could also try the likes of World In Conflict and Company of Heroes although these are more based on managing a small number of units rather than the being able to mass produce units after resource gathering (probably should try the demos first to see if they are your thing though)

Out of the ones you've listed I would say Medieval 2 was the best (Empire Earth 3 has been getting some bad reviews)

I also quite liked Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War and the expansion packs - but I suppose it depends on what kind of setting you're after for your games?

Rise of Nations was also quite good fun.

wolfie3000 17:43 17 Nov 07

Was never really into those sorts of games but heres a few free ones,

click here

Also you might find some of these interesting.

click here

citadel 18:17 17 Nov 07

total war games are great as they last forever, many different nations to play and your actions effect the whole world giving endless replay value.

VNAM75 18:53 17 Nov 07

Yes, medieval 2 and rome total war are amazing. Before, I had to settle for age of empires and kings. Just go on youtube and watch a few clips and see how good it is. Medieval 2 requires/makes use of a 2.4ghz cpu or above.

VNAM75 21:35 22 Nov 07

I want to order the medieval 2 total war for £10, but the expansion pack is also £10 and is the upgrade too. I only want to buy one, preferably the expansion pack game. But will I need to have the original game to play the expansion pack?

citadel 23:14 22 Nov 07

you need med 2 first.

DrScott 23:40 22 Nov 07

is one of my favourite games of all time (as well as Rome Total War), though it takes a huge number of hours out of your life.

Warhammer 3000 is quite entertaining too, as is World in Conflict, but for sure egoistical joy the Total War series are in a league of their own.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac