War games.

wolfie3000 23:42 08 Jun 06

Me and my clan have been discussing about getting a war game to play online,
We dont usually play war games we mostly play sci-fi games such as halo or eve online but decided that a war game would make a welcome change.

We narrowed it down to 2 games Battlefield 2 and americas army,

So which would you choose? which is better downloading americas army for free or buying battlefield 2?

Forum Editor 23:53 08 Jun 06

why not try it first? If you don't like it, you haven't lost anything - just buy the other one.

wolfie3000 00:03 09 Jun 06

Good idea FE didnt think of that DOH!!!

Just mentioned it to my clan on msn one said "God i hope no other clans find out we acted like such noobs we would be a laughing stock!"

lol i do feel a little bit like an idiot now,

Ok now to download the game.

For others interested in americas army heres the website.

click here

Just hope the other clans on there dont find out our faux par lol.

Anyone got battlefront 2 and is it worth buying?

folder4mags 09:27 09 Jun 06

Oh goodie a game mirroring the USArmy, do you get to kill the local people & employ trigger happy 18 year olds!

Those serving in the British Forces fear more being killed by (Blue on Blue/Friendly Fire)the US Forces more than the locals!

tammer 18:19 09 Jun 06

...how about going back to Battlefield 1942? I play that all the time and there's still loads of us playing online. Your, and your friends' PCs will all be able to handle it and you can maybe take on Tammer Stern, AJH and SGT MacDuff on the Conclave Desert Foxes server if you fancy a challenge against some Scotsmen.

wolfie3000 20:12 09 Jun 06

Thanks for the offer tammer but we all got battlefield 2 in the end we tryed americas army but it had to much emphasis on training when all we wanted was a good old frag fest.

As i said we dont usually play war games so we are total newbies on battlefield 2 and are still getting to grips with it.

If we get on with battlefield 2 maybe soon we will get battlefield 1942 and take you up on your challenge im always up for a good fight.

Iv noted the server just incase we do get battlefield 1942.

I love the fact that you can dogfight in battlefield 2 but a few in our clan are a little to trigger happy so mucho tk,ing went on lol
and the maps are huge i got lost quiet a few times lol.

wolfie3000 00:13 13 Jun 06

Well we plumped for battlefield 2 in the end,
Its a whole different game than im used to but getting there.

Been to this site and checked out some of the mods some look cool.

click here

Cant tell you how many times iv died trying to parachute lol to me its one of the hardest things to do.

wolfie3000 00:17 13 Jun 06

Also this map is the best iv found for the game i love it.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac