Wanted: PCA Back Issues in PDF

Bob The Nob© 01:41 20 Mar 10

Hi, I remember back in 2007/2008 maybe earlier that there was a PCA issue which included a cd/dvd that held a copy of the previous two years back issues.

I have not lept any of my PCA issues in a long time and I hardly ever see whats on the disc.

Would anyone pass on/sell any discs which contain the magazine in PDF format to me? I am in my 3rd year of university and having a copy of the magazines would be helpful.

Cheeers

P.S. FE, if this topic isnt exactly legit, please remove it, sorry and cheers.

rdave13 02:15 20 Mar 10

Possibly send FE an email through the link above.
I'm sure you will get help.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:48 20 Mar 10

Issue archive 2001-2003 was on a CD in PDF format, don't think I've seen any since then.

johndrew 10:07 20 Mar 10

2005/6 was the last archive provided on PCA DVD.

I posted a thread some time ago click here and an update was promised but for whatever reason was never promulgated. Now Richard has left PCA it looks increasingly unlikely that any more will be published.

I have made my own archive but believe that if I were to pass any of it on to a third party PCA would frown (to say the least) on the action. I am aware that even making my own archive is a suspect action, but as the FE said at the time it is unlikely that PCA would `send the boys around` for something that is for my own use.

If PCA were to permit my supplying specific, named persons that would be a different matter.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:13 20 Mar 10

Just found (from issue 121) 2002,2003,2004,

Bob The Nob© 11:14 20 Mar 10

Would anyone be willing to kindly send me a copy of these discs?

iqs 11:53 20 Mar 10

I would be interested in receiving official back issues as well......

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:47 20 Mar 10

PCA used to, and may be still does, sell back issues.

However when the issue becomes say over 12 months old perhaps the PCA site should have a page dedicated to back issues in their "download" pages.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:49 20 Mar 10
  Forum Editor 20:51 20 Mar 10

I can appreciate the sentiment behind your post, but as you guessed, we wouldn't be keen on anyone distributing copies of the magazine to a third party - copyright problems abound.

Creating an archive for your own use is fine, though.

WhiteTruckMan 21:10 20 Mar 10

is it really that big a deal, 6-8 year old computer mags? I'm hard pressed at the moment to think of anything that becomes obsolete faster.

WTM

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now