Want a new (old) computer?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:03 16 Jan 15
Answered

Time to get mine out of the attic again and dust if off.

Anyone for a game of Manic Miner? although the music might drive you crazy aftera while :0)

click here

canarieslover 21:01 16 Jan 15
Answer

Don't need one. Still have original grey keyboard 48k, 2nd generation 48k, a Plus 3 128k, interface one and two microdrives, an RGB interface and several cases of games on cassette and 3" discs. They still get dragged out a few times a year as some of the games were so addictive, and playable, that my sons appreciate a nostalgia weekend now and then. I even have an emulator on my old XP machine.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:06 16 Jan 15

Have a very similar collection a plus 2, original 48k.

add on disk drive interface joysticks etc.

I only live a few miles from where they are making these new ones.

rdave13 00:41 17 Jan 15

It was my first step to computing. That Spectrum turned me, eventually, to being an addicted PCA forum member. Nostalgia is great but wouldn't think of buying one. Dead in the water as far as my children, and me, are concerned.

iPads overrules. I have a 2012 Nexus, good enough for me, but dire compared to the best.

Retro is just that but I hope they can make a go of it.

Ex plorer 15:10 17 Jan 15

I have a Brand new 286 or 386 computer still in its makers box with all the soft ware and booklets and 4 inch disks to boot it up.

Unfortunately it blows the fuse's in the PSU when switched on never looked into it yet but will do one day.

It opens like a suit case to get to the insides from what I can remember any way its under a heap of other house old items and I will dig it out one day.

Aitchbee 18:03 17 Jan 15

It's now possible to make some old home computers look as-good-as-new-again.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced