For want of a nail the shoe was lost.

octal 07:36 10 Mar 06

"She suggested the remote may have run out of batteries."

click here

Don't yer just love it when it happens to someone else, but don't yer just hate it when it happens to you?

anskyber 09:07 10 Mar 06

Well although this "convergence" of digital formats is welcome it will take a great leap forward in reliablity to make me trust my hi fi to "computer" standards of reliabilty. Definitely a case of walking before you can run.

Pidder 09:57 10 Mar 06

On this subject of digital reliability, I have recently acquired a digital TV (a Bush) which from time to time "freezes" or switches itself off or to another channel. I would think this is a fault of the digital process, but do others experience the same sort of thing? We don't watch the analogue channels so I don't know if it's a set fault.

WhiteTruckMan 01:41 13 Mar 06

but its going through the terrible teens at the moment and is somewhat unreliable.

WTM

wiz-king 05:38 13 Mar 06

Yes, fixing that fault takes years. You know it's fixed when it goes to the shop and gives you your change back.

terryf 01:35 14 Mar 06

Pidder
Yes I have sky and the picture freezes occasionally but a quich switch on/off or channel change fixes it.What was most frustrating though was one night when I had set my VCR to ecord a sky program and went off happily to bed only to find next day that the bl*s*ed thing had frozen and not reset itself so I ended up with 2 hours of frozen picture, tut, tut I said (or something similar)

Pidder 09:39 14 Mar 06

Thanks for yours, problem stems from digital as I suspected. At present I record from analogue, at least for our five main channels. Can't get a decent picture quality recording from the digital TV. Local shop advises using a digibox for digital channel recording.(See your post was 1.35 a.m., hope you slept well).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…