Wanadoo to become Orange

anchor 14:32 12 May 06

French ISP Wanadoo has confirmed that it is to be renamed Orange, adopting the best-known of its parent company's brand.

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:28 12 May 06

Got the letter earlier this week.

The move from freeserve to wanadoo didn't improve things so this probably won't either.

Supposed to get and free upgrade of BB speed as the exchange is modified by BT this was done months ago but wanadoo still say my line wont take the speed even though I'm half a mile from the exchange.

Will be looking for a new ISP as soon as contract expires.

johndrew 15:37 12 May 06

I had a letter as well as an e-mail from them.

They say that nothing will change as far as my BB connection is concerned. What I would like to see is a reduction in cost to mach some of the cheaper suppliers. From all the traffic I see on this site the cheaper suppliers offer a very similar service.

My contract ends in June so I shall see if they want to keep me!!

watchful 17:57 12 May 06

I've had a letter and an e-mail.

anskyber 18:50 12 May 06

A dog by any other name....

oresome 19:11 12 May 06

I think ntl are going to do a similar re-branding excercise to Virgin.

anchor 08:39 13 May 06

Freeserve, Wanadoo, Orange, (what next?)

"Plus ca change, plus c’est la meme chose"

Pidder 10:25 13 May 06

As a matter of interest, is Wanadoo getting too big. I couldn't connect fo half an hour yesterday evening, kept getting "the remote computer doesn't respond"

johndrew 10:51 13 May 06

Could have been a local glitch. I was on for a while with no problems.

`is Wanadoo getting too big`
I think there is a risk they will become less interested in people as their size grows. The larger any organisation the greedier it seems to get and the first victims are customers.

anskyber 14:16 13 May 06

Well without wishing to change the slant of this thread, having tried to upgrade my service with wanadoo and they say they cannot, but cannot tell me why. (an error code keeps coming up which they do not understand!!) I have asked for a MAC code, lets see if I get one!

ened 12:29 14 May 06

"I think there is a risk they will become less interested in people as their size grows"

How big were they in 1998 then?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…