Walter Raleigh nad tobacco - who sang it?

exdragon 15:20 21 Oct 06

Please, can someone put me out of my misery (and get one over on the other half!) - who recorded this song? You know, the one which includes words like, '...what next, Walt? You roll it up? And then stick it - don't tell me...in your mouth??'

Been annoying me all morning.

Thanks

octal 15:23 21 Oct 06

Bob Newhart, click here they used to play it often back in the fifties on the Light Programme on the BBC :-)

exdragon 15:26 21 Oct 06

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

octal 15:29 21 Oct 06

I will add, it wasn't a song but a comedy sketch involving a telephone call from Sir Walter Raleigh back to England where he describes tobacco and how it's used, very funny at the time.

Kate B 15:33 21 Oct 06

It's always worth Googling fragments of lyrics like that - I've found things like that that way.

egapup 21:12 21 Oct 06

Didnt he do one about driving??

octal 22:29 21 Oct 06

Yes, he did, also very funny, in it's time of course.

BT 08:09 22 Oct 06

Visit 'Make 'em Laugh for all sorts of lyrics etc from the old performers

click here

exdragon 09:19 22 Oct 06

Thanks for the link, I hadn't hear the one about the bomb! You can just hear him speaking as you read it through, can't you!

hijo 20:05 22 Oct 06

yep i agree with her shes 100% correct google it by just adding a few words of the lyrics even if its not 100% correct google is the "daddy" there hands down

BT 07:37 23 Oct 06

I have a couple of Bob Newhart LPs from many years ago and they are hilarious. I can't lay my hands on them at the moment as we have recently moved house, but your enquiry has reminded me of them and once I have got sorted out I will have to have a listen to them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…