Voice Operated Telephone

morddwyd 14:53 31 Jul 12

Anybody know of a totally voice operated telephone?

I don't mean a voice dialler, or an amplifier but a telephone which you can can answer solely by voice, or dial out totally by voice.

Most of the ones I've found still use a handset which has to picked up.

Something like our community alarm which can be heard, and can hear us, in any room in the house.

caccy 15:12 31 Jul 12

Can't you do this with some hands free mobile telephones? Not up on mobiles but I'm sure somebody will know.

interzone55 15:27 31 Jul 12

Many mobile phones can be set to voice control when bluetooth is turned on, so you don't need to touch the phone when dialling.

I notice that Samsung have now brought out a TV with voice control, surely there's a danger of the TV turning itself over if someone on one channel mentions another channel?

morddwyd 15:44 31 Jul 12

Sorry, I should have made it clear that I meant a landline.

A mobile phone is simply a cordless handset,and, like I said, there are plenty of such devices available for use with handsets.

wiz-king 15:49 31 Jul 12

Yup - never met one in person!

morddwyd 16:01 31 Jul 12

Thanks. I had looked at those, but they all come with handsets, or are simple diallers, except the one meant to operated by a dog.

spuds 17:30 31 Jul 12

Why not try one of the disability charities, or even your own GP/NHS practise, they might have an answer!.

morddwyd 17:45 31 Jul 12

They do, a community alarm, which we've had for years.

I don't want an emergency device, just something I can chat on without having to sit at a computer with a headset on!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Driverless cars in the UK - The story so far: How Google and the UK Government are testing self-drin…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

You can now publish data visualisations to the web from Power BI

Complete guide to Apple's campus 2, everything we know about the new spaceship HQ, plus: new drone…