Vistas Wanted...

Z1100 23:34 31 May 07

Not Microsoft soft ones. Real ones, as in good or prominent views that an intrepid photographer and a motorbike can go visit for a few days with a long and a short lens.

Seriously though, right down to the square mile are there any near you. Not 'The Lake District' which is excellent, but I was thinking less well known beauty spots. Something... hmmm hidden perhaps.

List them here and I will 'get on my bike' and ride.

Hanx!
K.

Brumas 23:40 31 May 07

Lindisfarne and the rest of the North Northumberland coast are well worth a trip as well as anywhere in the Cheviots.

Stuartli 23:42 31 May 07

...or Wales, or Cornwall or, even better, Scotland's more inaccessible regions.

Z1100 23:44 31 May 07

I don't suppose you could narrow that down to at least a postcode ;)

Hanx!
K.

Brumas 23:49 31 May 07

Stuartli jogged my memory, The Isle of Skye has everthing a good photographer could desire - in all weathers.

Jak_1 01:22 01 Jun 07

Visit the Peak District, Virtually every turn of the road will give you photo opportunities and even better ones if you venture away from the roads and climb the hills and follow the valleys.
A good starting point Is Edale at the beginning of 'The Pennine Way'.

egapup 08:36 01 Jun 07

There are some extremely beautiful places along the Tamar valley especiaaly at a place called Gunnislake, ask a local where the path to Jans Rock is.

wee eddie 08:53 01 Jun 07

Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Peak District, The Lakes. They're the ones that everyone knows.

If you decide to hunt around you may find some of your own.

If you live in London, climb Primrose Hill before dawn.

Go out on the Downs if you live in the South East.

There are many SSE's all over Britain where there are wonderful things to photograph.

Head up to Blakeney in North Norfolk or Aldeburgh in Suffolk.

To see beauty you need to open your eyes.

anthonystorey 10:02 01 Jun 07

edale is a fantastic place
click here

Stuartli 10:04 01 Jun 07

>>I don't suppose you could narrow that down to at least a postcode ;)>>

There's a number of characters limit for postings...:-)

I'm lucky enough to have driven in parts of Scotland, Wales, the North East and other areas which the majority of Britons never see except the locals.

Studying a good Ordnance Survey map will provide a guide to roads which are off the beaten track and the type of terrain through which they go.

Cymro. 11:09 01 Jun 07

I live on the edge of the Snowdonia National Park and there are plenty of places that would

suite you. But you may prefer to go to some of the more desolate and lonely places around

North Wales. Be very careful on your motorbike as the police mobile speed cameras are

everywhere around here, but with motorcyclists being killed at the rate of one a month

in these parts perhaps the police are the least of your worries.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced