vistas security

fitcher 12:32 24 Sep 06

Adobe and symantec in particular, have been fleecing more money out of the people, than microsoft for years .just imagine how much they have made in revenue .in upgrades alone .must be near microsoft...so now they moan about vista security software killing the golden goose .I have no sympathy for them in the least

robgf 13:21 24 Sep 06

It made me laugh, when I read about Symantec complaining that Vista was too secure and their program would be unable to access important parts of the operating system.
Well if they cant access it, neither can the bad guys, which surely makes that section of their program redundant.
Symantec are just worried that they will no longer be needed, happens in all industries guys.

Rob. :)

Forum Editor 13:58 24 Sep 06

We'll have no more references to 'fleecing' please. That kind of comment is libellous, and could land you - and us - in court. Both Adobe and Symantec are highly respectable and respected companies, and neither of them would do anything that could remotely be described as 'fleecing' customers.

ade.h 17:02 24 Sep 06

The fleecing comment was ill-advised but their products are generally very overpriced nonetheless. Acrobat for example.

Input Overload 17:18 24 Sep 06

People have the choice whether to buy or not.

lisa02 17:24 24 Sep 06

Their complaints are bogus.

Microsoft is acting in the interests of the consumer, and it's about time too.

fitcher 13:36 25 Sep 06

today everyone is afraid to say what they think ...if its about religion (ie the pope who I agree with by the way} can I not say so ? there I am complaining ...sorry ....wait .no I am not //why should I be ..come off the fence people and be honest to your selves .stifling of mouth gives mediocrocity ... god I hope ive spelled that right ,or your pack followers will jump on me .you'll give me some umptey,,

Mike D 17:21 25 Sep 06

My concern is that if Symantec (or any other Security software maker) was successful in its action against MS, will MS be expected to sell an OS without any vestage of security.
Whilst not being blatantly pro MS, it does seem that they cannot do right for doing wrong - they have been criticised for years over security issues (not least by the EU) and now, when they try to do something about it, they are criticised again. This is not the same as the arguments about bundling Media Player, this is about consumers being able to buy a secure OS.

Mike

Mike D 17:26 25 Sep 06

Or even vestige!

Mike

Forum Editor 17:40 25 Sep 06

Saying what you think is one thing - libelling a person or an organisation may land you in court. There's a difference between an expressed opinion and a defamatory statement, and that's why I objected to your use of the word 'fleecing'.

It's got nothing to do with "stifling of mouth" as you call it. There are rules here, and they're for your protection as much as anyone else's. Abide by them, and all will be well.

Forum Editor 17:42 25 Sep 06

I'm quite sure that nobody at Microsoft is having sleepless nights over this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now