Vista XP will be SP1 for Vista!

TopCat® 18:12 18 Sep 07

If this is true - click here - then many satisfied Vista users are going to be a bit miffed, unless they forego this service pack, that is. I wondered if the Forum Editor had any news on this surprising turn-around. TC.

sidecar sid 18:17 18 Sep 07

Pfft
April the first allready?

gudgulf 18:18 18 Sep 07

If this is true?????????

Read this link (from the page you posted) click here

Total spoof but still funny!

Arthur Scrimshaw 18:28 18 Sep 07

link is far more credible.

TopCat® 18:37 18 Sep 07

Well, it seems I've been spoofed alright but I'm not the only one - click here I was expecting some world-wide furore if it had been true, :o) TC.

Totally-braindead 19:09 18 Sep 07

You really didn't think this was true did you?

Look at the last paragraph "Elston also added that if people complain too much they'll just revert to Windows ME. "

The next stage I suppose if they keep complaining would be either Win98 or going the whole hog and put them back to 3.11.

Forum Editor 19:13 18 Sep 07

is in this:

"We can move people off of Vista development now, and move them to Windows 7 development," said Elston. "That should allow us to only delay Windows 7 by thirteen months past its scheduled date instead of the planned eighteen."

Nobody at that kind of senior level in Microsoft would say "off of" - at least I hope not.

cream. 20:22 18 Sep 07

' "We're focused on giving the customer what they want, and want they want is to just go back to XP," said Microsoft Development Chief Greg Elston. '

Lot of wanting in there. I am sure those who write the speeches for Microsoft have either good grammar or use software to proof it.

TopCat® 11:37 25 Sep 07

the story above actually has some part truth in it. I feel somewhat vindicated now. :o) TC. click here

sunny staines 12:15 29 Sep 07

with all the back peddling by ms re vista and xp over the last week time is right for a good price reduction to get sales of vista going.

jz 21:55 30 Sep 07

I'd always assumed that "off of" was correct American English.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant