Visitors to Glasgow

zzzz999 05:59 21 Aug 11

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-14599425

May find themselves confused for the next week or so. A film starring Brad Pitt (he's here with Angelina and the weans, staying in a mansion in Ayrshire) is being filmed in Glasgow City Centre, the result of which is that several streets off the main George Square have been turned into parts of Phillidelphia. Even more scary for the tourists, however, is that there are over 1,000 zombies running around as extras for the film (steady, steady, the obvious jokes are to be avoided).

Needless to say, much of the female population of the West of Scotland has been finding reasons to visit Glasgow City Centre this past week :-)

BT 08:31 21 Aug 11

Last time I was in Glasgow(about 35 years ago) I was pretty confused. They seemed to not want to let you get away once they had pursuaded you in. There seemed top be a distinct lack of road signs.

daz60 08:49 21 Aug 11

Obvious joke,

"1000 zombies" so that's where the rioting sassenachs went,no wonder the police can't find them.

Must do good for the local economy and better it puts Glasgow on the map,i think other movies have been made there,makes a change from seeing the usual landmarks in the movies or on tv.

Prefer the Highlands and Edinburgh myself.

zzzz999 08:59 21 Aug 11

BT Glasgow City Centre has an ingenious one way system that can trap the unsuspecting for weeks.

Woolwell 09:15 21 Aug 11

A fortnight ago scenes for the film were being shot in Falmouth.

zzzz999 09:48 21 Aug 11

They are shooting some scenes at the Grangemouth oil refinery as well; bloody well travelled Zombies.

Forum Editor 09:59 21 Aug 11

"he's here with Angelina and the weans, staying in a mansion in Ayrshire"

and a short while ago he was staying in a mansion in Richmond, Surrey. I was stopped at a pedestrian crossing in Teddington High street and Angelina and the kids crossed right in front of me.

Fortunately she didn't recognise me.

Aitchbee 12:01 21 Aug 11

I wonder if Glasgow will get a 'cameo' mention somewhere in the 'Zombie' script, like the way Alfred Hitchcock always made a fleeting appearance in his films.

zzzz999 12:04 21 Aug 11

Rab C Nesbit is being dusted down as we speak

Aitchbee 12:22 21 Aug 11

Francie & Josie would have made good zombies.

wee eddie 13:10 21 Aug 11

They'd obviously seen scenes of Glasgow, late on a Saturday Night!

No need to pay for your Extras.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…