Visiting the Pope?

egapup 15:50 30 May 07

Anybody else think it's a little odd, after losing a daughter to god knows who, that the McCann's have left thier other 2 kids with relatives and gone off to meet the Pope??

rezeeg 15:56 30 May 07

It's odd, but desperate people take desperate measures.

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:56 30 May 07

Leaving their children seems to be developing into a pattern.

G

Cymro. 16:14 30 May 07

I don`t think that I would want to leave my children if ever I was in such a situation.

They are obviously a very religious couple, but as some one who has no respect for the

catholic church perhaps it would be better for me to say no more about that. I dare say that rezeeg has

a point when he says "desperate people take desperate measures."

Mr Mistoffelees 16:29 30 May 07

The whole thing just seems to have become a medis circus.

Mr Mistoffelees 16:29 30 May 07

media circus

anskyber 16:48 30 May 07

It's all part of an untold/unknown element of this whole story.

Jimmy14 17:01 30 May 07

"They are obviously a very religious couple, but as some one who has no respect for the

catholic church perhaps it would be better for me to say no more about that"

I strongly feel that this part of your post was extremely unnecessary. I am a catholic but respect everyone that's religious beliefs differ from my own. We are all entitled to our beliefs.

Cymro. 17:17 30 May 07

I may have no respect for the catholic church but like you I am also entitled to my

own point of view. As the original posting by egapup referred to the Pope I felt it very

necessary to make my comments about religion.

TalYasis 17:24 30 May 07

How would many of us would cope with this cruel test in one's life?

Faith in something is a must for survival and certainly not cynicism.

I do agree with "It's all part of an untold/unknown element of this whole story".What do we know?

Seeing the papa is only part of the parents journey.

bremner 17:34 30 May 07

Have would any of us know how we would react given their situation - of course we do not.

Reading comments in this and the other thread on the subject I wonder why are some people are quick to criticise and eager to make stupid sarcastic comments - I wonder if they have children and can understand the terrible trauma this family is going through.

If they get some comfort from a papal audience and the publicity makes the slightest difference to their chances of getting their child back then it has been worthwhile.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…