Virus Warning

royalflush 10:09 23 Feb 07

I cant belive this,my pc was working fine until last night i noticed i kept getting the little yellow icon for when u get "Windows Update's" in the bottom right hand of your desktop, NOW its took me almost 4 minutes to get to this site to post this its much slower than Dailup,before i spend the next 4 hours uninstalling my "OS" then re-installing it with all the updates for all the programs i use,ive NOT d/loaded any files in the last few days so the only thing i can think of is the windows updates..but i cant see how...? i run on Xp Pro (Genuine)!! Has anyone else had the same issue...?? anyway ive tried to add a couple of links to my photobucket account & it simply wont do it but on the yahoo home page i keep getting a message saying "Sorry unable to process your request at this time error code 999" then in google its got a similar message saying "We're sorry but your request looks similar to that of a computer Virus or spyware application we cant process your request right now"
its now took me 20 mins to type this text,

royalflush 10:12 23 Feb 07

its managed to let me post this within a minute wow,ive got FULL versions of Antivirus & spyware ive run a scan & they detected NOTHING....???? ive also deleted all cookies & page history's still the same...

wee eddie 11:28 23 Feb 07

The little yellow Icon is very likely Windows Update.

What AV, Firewall and AntiSpyWare are you running?

I assume the you update this daily or weekly at the very least.

VoG II 12:02 23 Feb 07

Not a virus click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…