Virus E-Mail Attachement " Invertation Facebook*

Kase 09:52 AM 14 May 12

Has any of the forum members received this Virus or have knowledge of it?. it is a Virus that opens an olympic torch that burns the whole hard disk C of your computer. The virus is a Trojan Horse that asks you to install an Adobe Flash plug in this virus then destroys the zero sector of the hard drive. I recieved this information when a friend in France sent us an e-mail then told us to delet the mail as they had found this virus on there computer. We are told it will be recieved as coming from a facebook contact.

daz60 10:25 AM 14 May 12

If i saw an e-mail with that particular spelling i would delete immediately.

lotvic 11:00 AM 14 May 12

HOAX Message circulating on Facebook warns users not to open an attachment called 'Invitation Fb' because it will launch an 'Olympic torch' virus.

Just do a google search for: facebook virus olympic torch

The claims in the warning are utter nonsense and should not be reposted. The warning is nothing more than a Facebook driven variant of an old hoax email that has circulated since 2006.

Kase 20:07 PM 14 May 12

Thank you lotvic for a prompt reply I have googled as you suggested and found information on this item on Wikipedia and Naked Security Sophos. You are correct it is a Hoax but it had us concerned at the time. We did as Daz60 stated and deleted the item. I had run Norton on all our computers but did not find a virus!!. As I now know it is not a Virus, again thank for the help.

lotvic 20:52 PM 14 May 12

Glad that's sorted, they can be worrying when you receive hoax emails. You will be able to reassure anyone who asks you now. It's a good idea to 'google' for more info whenever you receive suspect email - or phone calls... (microsoft phone scam is one that catches a few people out)

All the best :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Toshiba dynaPad release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro 4 rival with Windows 10

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Google Maps for web gets a Material Design-inspired makeover

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November