A virtual Happy Birthday

Nellie2 13:44 29 Oct 04

What is the best way, do you think, to wish someone a virtual happy birthday?

For instance, I don't like to send virtual cards because you are giving your friends email addy away and will therefore be subjecting them to never ending spam for goodness knows how long. Apart from that it seems a bit naff anyway.

So what do you do... just say happy birthday and leave it at that? Or shall we all abandon birthdays out here in cyberland?

Djohn 14:14 29 Oct 04

I think a personal email with words of your choice, well set out using a nice font, even colour is is a good Idea or as andsome did last Christmas.

andsome designed a card in "Publisher" and sent it to various people via email to be printed out by the recipient. I printed mine out and hung it with the rest of the cards we received. :o)

rowdy 15:33 29 Oct 04

I just create a card in powerpoint using images that are specially appropiate, sometimes a slideshow with music, Verses can easily be found
click here is a good example, then send as Djohn suggests.

rowdy

recap 15:48 29 Oct 04

Use the Stationary option in Outlook/Outlook Express and put your own words to it.

watchful 18:35 29 Oct 04

Hi Nell - this has made me think and I've got a few ideas now. Usually I send paper cards but have used internet ones and never thought about the e-mail address giveaway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…