Virgin on the Gorblimey!

Bingalau 20:25 25 Apr 08

Just got this from my ISP Virgin Broadband... They also want o give me £50 for every one who I recommend to them, I think.... Sounds like a good thing to me.

Hi there,
We always try to listen to what our customers tell us and because you didn't
think the premium rate call charge for our technical support helpline was
right, we decided to do something about it!

That's why we're dropping the 25p per minute charge to call our broadband
technical support line. From 1st June, we're replacing it with a number
that's free to call from your Virgin Media phone, plus a separate, local
rate number if you call from any other phone. That means that now you can
get the help and support you need, totally free, just like you asked.

To call our new broadband technical support number from 1st June, just dial
151 for free from your Virgin Phone or 0845 454 1111* from any other phone.

octal 21:04 25 Apr 08

Glad to see they have dropped the 25p per minute call for tech support, what a Muppet idea that was. I was one of those that complained, although I don't use tech support much, there are a lot of people who do rely on it because they are not as computer literate as most of us on here.

bluto1 21:05 25 Apr 08

I'm with Virgin but they've said nothing to me. Mind you I didn't protese about 25p a minute calls. Well done, you deserve The Grand Order of Being Late for Brumas' Friday Post.:-))

al's left peg 21:19 25 Apr 08

Yeah I got it too Bingalau, they have increased prices on certain things in the past month or so. I had a BSkyB pair of door to door reps at my house tonight telling me that they were far better for everything than what I was getting off Virgin. I can't really complain about Virgin though, as we have a good mobile phone deal and the other services we get from them are good in my opinion as well.
I don't doubt that BSkyB offer good deals but, I don't think I could ever go back to BT, they were the sole reason we signed up to Telewest years ago. Their service and customer support was abysmal then and I still hear of friends and family it has not improved.

Bingalau 21:30 25 Apr 08

bluto1. I wasn't late for Brumas's puzzle. I was just waiting for your input first. I have never complained about the cost of Virgin's call charge either. I've never used it. If I have any problems now I come straight to these forums.

peter99co 10:50 26 Apr 08

I got an email this morning and a special letter in the post about the 25p thingy.

pj123 18:16 26 Apr 08

I have always used 150 and 151 on my NTL cable phone. Never had any problems getting through.

Always been free!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017