A very sad announcement about a great PCA forum contributor

john bunyan 18:55 21 Jan 15
Answered

I have the sad duty to inform fellow forum members of the fact the our good friend Woolwell died on 12th Jan following a long illness which he bore with exemplary courage. He was so helpful on most of the forums and a leading winner in Brumas' Friday evening puzzles. I have been in direct touch with him for some time, and have his widow's permission to record his passing on this forum. A quote from "Mrs Woolwell" "It was one of the first places he visited when logging on to his computer, and I know he enjoyed some real distant friendships with other users. It made him very happy to provide advice, and also to speak to other kindred spirits."

I am sure we all share fond memories of a great participant here and his loss (at only 67) is very sad.

csqwared 19:07 21 Jan 15

Jb

Would you please pass on thoughts and condolences to "Mrs Woolwell". Very sad indeed at 67.

cc

bumpkin 19:11 21 Jan 15

I am very sorry to hear that, he was a great help to myself and many others, a decent guy with a sense of humour.

cruiser2 19:11 21 Jan 15

Please add my condolences to Mrs Woolwell. I have enjoyed reading his posts and he always seemed to get the answers to the puzzles before anybody else Will be sadly missed From an 80 year old silver surfer still trying to keep active

john bunyan 19:12 21 Jan 15

csqwared

Wilco; will wait a bit and send a list, maybe after Brumas' Friday night puzzle. JB

rdave13 19:27 21 Jan 15

My condolences and sympathy to Mrs 'Woolwell' and family. Will miss his postings and help on these boards.

lotvic 19:33 21 Jan 15

Very sad news, please add my condolences. I will miss Woolwell's posts, he always had something useful or humorous to say and was the undisputed champ at Brumas' Friday evening puzzles.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:54 21 Jan 15

Again condolences to all his family he will be missed on the forum especially on Fridays.

:0(

TopCat® 20:00 21 Jan 15

Very sad news indeed. May I add my heartfelt condolences to his widow and to his family. He will be sorely missed here on the forums. TC.

kad292 20:02 21 Jan 15

Sad news,enjoyed reading his posts,condolences to his family.

chub_tor 20:03 21 Jan 15

So sorry to hear the news, we live only a few miles apart and yet we never met. My condolences to his family.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…