verandah improvement?

Aitchbee 21:27 PM 10 Apr 11

My big verandah 8m x 3m was recently changed from a beautiful tiled and level summer retreat into an uneven grey 'lunar landscape'.It has been finished in a liquid plastic product.My next door neighbour and I are not impressed by the total disregard of attention to detail. After talking to the boss of the company who did the job, remedial work commences tomorrow.I am hopeful that it all will be sorted out in the end. I am sure this web site will get it sorted out in the end too.

rdave13 21:32 PM 10 Apr 11

Didn't you read the leaflet?

Aitchbee 22:05 PM 10 Apr 11

No leaflets. I am confident my verandah and PCA website will be sorted soon.

rdave13 22:11 PM 10 Apr 11

Good for you.

Forum Editor 23:05 PM 10 Apr 11

What puzzles me about this

is why - if your verandah was "a beautiful tiled and level summer retreat" you had it treated with a liquid plastic product. Presumably there was a reason?

morddwyd 06:37 AM 11 Apr 11

What puzzles me is why -

this isn't in Consumerwatch?

spider9 08:15 AM 11 Apr 11

Do I sense a comparison between this 'verhanda' and PCA website?

The verhanda was OK, but it was decided to 'treat' it.

The PCA site was OK, but it was decided to 'treat' it.

Now they both have 'problems' that need attention.

Is this a moral tale? Only AitchBEE knows, presumably.

carver 08:51 AM 11 Apr 11

AitchBEE The thing is you set about to try to improve some thing and it went slightly wrong but it can be sorted, unless you had tried you would never had known if it was worth it.

It's the same with this site and after a few tweaks it should be a vast improvement over the old one.

Hope your veranda gets sorted to how you imagined it would be.

Aitchbee 08:51 AM 11 Apr 11

Forum Editor - to fill you in with the details, my verandah was tiled with over 1500 5" x 5" x 1/2" terracotta tiles.About 100 tiles on the edge of the verandah were loose ( due to frost damage over the past five years or so.)The local housing association asked me if it was alright to do a repair involving the liquid plastic finish.The verandah is 1 up and overhangs the main entrance to the building so I reckoned that there was a safety issue concerning loose tiles.All of the tiles have now been removed and a 'decothane liquid plastic finish' has been applied. The look of the verandah is grey, uneven, the water run-off is non next door neighbour would give you a more colourful description!I have to fork out £400 pounds. But as I said, we have made our complaints known to the company involved and remedial work will start this week.

Aitchbee 09:04 AM 11 Apr 11

spider9 - you are correct.I would not have posted this but the comparison was so obvious.I liked my old verandah and I liked the old PCA site.

Aitchbee 15:14 PM 11 Apr 11

puzzled morddwyd - of course it could have been posted on Consumerwatch but that would also apply to all of the negative responses (answers) that have been aimed at the revamped PCA website.Is there a sit on the fence forum? Are we not consumers? Yes we are.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…