User Manuals

Pine Man 13:31 31 Dec 09

My brother-in-law bought his mother, who is in her eighties, a photo frame for Christmas.

They waited for me to arrive on Boxing Day to help set up the photoframe with some photos I had brought on a USB stick.

The frame came with 'Quick Start' instructions, which meant that all you could do was watch a pre-installed display of about 6 photos. I managed to get a display to run from my USB stick but could not copy the contents to the frame.

Why, I hope you are all asking yourselves!

Because the user manual was on a bloody CD and neither my brother-in-law nor mother-in-law have access to a computer or can even use one.

Quickbeam 13:37 31 Dec 09

It must be a sign of the times that they naturally expect that anyone buying any technology is fully techie-literate.

michaelw 13:47 31 Dec 09

It also saves a few forests.

wiz-king 13:51 31 Dec 09

Dont buy a LG television then! The manuals are also on CD.

Woolwell 14:15 31 Dec 09

Actually I think that the photo frame manufacturer could reasonably expect that someone would have access to a computer otherwise how were the photos going to get to the frame? It does save paper.

peter99co 15:22 31 Dec 09

I had an Email before Xmas about a A767/600 at Toulouse being crashed into a Blast Wall and written off because the Arab Crew had not consulted the Flight Engine Run-up Manual.

Quickbeam 15:22 31 Dec 09

Was that manual on CD too...?

peter99co 15:43 31 Dec 09

Sorry wrong spec.

click here

Someone switched off the ground detector and the brakes went off because the plane thought it was in the air.

The Manual cost $300. Cost of Aircraft?

Pine Man 15:50 31 Dec 09

Not necessarily.

The pictures can be downloaded either direct from your camera by cable or by using the memory card from the camera.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:15 31 Dec 09

Now if they had put the instructions in the form of the preinstalled display....

maybe life would be easier?

TonyV 19:02 31 Dec 09

We had a Sony Frame for Christmas and that one came with a manual in paper! Even so I had difficulty getting pictures on to the storage facility of the Frame. We eventually managed it by drag and drop, and I used an Epson R300 and its card reader to drag and drop to the supplied card. This worked fine. Also look here click here .

Have fun!

TonyV

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…