Upper House committee blasts the government

TopCat® 15:59 30 Oct 07

over Internet security and accuses it of 'burying its head in the sand' Fails to heed the rcommendations put to them, they say. click here What else is new is what I say!

Remember please the forum guidelines on this political topic, or it will certainly be locked or removed. Thanks, TC.

anskyber 16:05 30 Oct 07

The report was published in mid August. A little premature to say it has been ignored, unless of course you can link to the Governments response saying "no" to the recommendations.

Cymro. 16:25 30 Oct 07

• Political comment – politics is a subject that is almost guaranteed to provoke people into an argument, and for that reason we ask you to refrain from making comments or statements of a political nature.

I copied the above from the forum rules, so I would think that your own post has as good a chance as any of being deleted. Mind you on this forum it is not always easy to predict what will be deleted

TopCat® 16:31 30 Oct 07

Unless my eyes deceive me I cannot find any evidence that the Lower House science and technology committee actually discussed any of the recommendations, anskyber. click here Maybe they are languishing in a darkened cupboard somewhere still! TC.

Forum Editor 16:33 30 Oct 07

The government has responded, a week ago in parliament. It rejected every one of the House of Lords Science and Technology Committee's major points.

Forum Editor 16:38 30 Oct 07

There's nothing wrong with criticising or commenting on the government, as long as you don't bring party politics into it. There's a subtle difference.

"The government's action over this is a disgrace"

is a perfectly valid statement.

"The government's action over this is a disgrace, anyone knows the Tories would have made a far better job of it"

is not.

TopCat® 17:03 30 Oct 07

You, aided your search engine(?) are a font of knowledge as usual. :o)

Good, now Hansard safely holds the details for posterity. TC.

TopCat® 17:04 30 Oct 07

Sorry, I missed the 'by' out! TC.

Forum Editor 17:09 30 Oct 07

The government rejected the report's proposals on Wednesday of last week (24th).

Cymro. 17:18 30 Oct 07

There's nothing wrong with criticising or commenting on the government, as long as you don't bring party politics into it. There's a subtle difference.
"The government's action over this is a disgrace"
is a perfectly valid statement."The government's action over this is a disgrace, anyone knows the Tories would have made a far better job of it" is not.

"Supple difference"?
So anyone knows the opposition would have made a far better job of it" is also valid,
or is it?

There is supple and there is supple, but surely either they are both valid or they are both not valid.

Still as I have said before " you are the professional" and I accept your knowledge on such things.

anskyber 17:26 30 Oct 07

Thank you, I could not find a link so your confirmation is helpful.

In that case I agree the response appears to be ill considered and, on the face of it, thoughtless.

Can anyone give me a link so I can read the Governments reasoning?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced