Updating,

wolfie3000 21:23 01 Sep 07

Are you one of these people who constantly updates there software?

I dont mean antivirus or programs like spybot i mean more like if theres a new version of winamp out are you first in line to download?

Or are you the sort of person who thinks, if its not broken why fix it.

DO you find it a hassle trying to keep up with downloading the latest releases or dont you bother.

Also do you ever venture into BETA territory when it comes to the latest versions?

mrwoowoo 22:07 01 Sep 07

if its not broken why fix it,thats me.
If the software does what i require,then that'll do for me.
Yes,i am a lazy so and so.
Mind you the moment i want more from a certain piece of software that i enjoy,then i go straight for the newest version.
BETA territory ?,occasionally if i am curious enough,no problem there.

rdave13 22:25 01 Sep 07

I'll always update Real Player and Winamp for security reasons, same with Java and similar programs.
Beta versions I'll try but sometimes you'll get your fingers burnt with these, lol. I'll try graphics drivers betas just to see if there is any improvements as it's reasonably easy to return to the original drivers.
Any beta programs concerning reg cleaners or harddisk tools I stay away from.

Totally-braindead 22:26 01 Sep 07

I leave it. I only download the updated versions if theres a specific reason to. Its not really laziness on my part its just I've spent hours trying to solve problems I had after downloading the updates so now I don't bother.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:34 01 Sep 07

Some programs were great in theie old format but seem to get "bloated" with each update.

Acx 03:16 02 Sep 07

I’m more of the 'if it’s not broken why fix it' (from past experience).

However I am not the only one who uses this computer.

Chegs ®™ 11:49 02 Sep 07

I still used winamp 3 for a long time after version 5 appeared as the newer version would freeze the whole PC.I initially used to fervently hunt down updated versions of my software be it beta or whatever as I had imaging software to get me out of any trouble,but gave up after the umpteenth BSOD.Now I'm a firm believer in the "if it aint broke,dont fix it" as my software only gets security updates.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:52 02 Sep 07

I just cannot be bothered.

G

wolfie3000 12:25 02 Sep 07

some good responses, for me im an avid updater,

I check daily dor any updates for probrams as well as up dates for games and my anti malware/virus stuff.

Maybe im going over the top but thats just me lol,

I do steer clear of anything with BETA marked on it though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…