Is this an unusual delivery arrangement?

SparkyJack 10:37 31 May 14

Daughter in a quest for vacuum cleaner spares looked in e-bay for salvaged/used parts

She found what she wanted an did the deal. When despatch confirmation came in,it was not to her homecaddress but to be collected from her local 'Dixon's' branch which turned out to be Currys in the local mall. She assures me the eBay page gave no indication of being associated with that firm. What do all think?

spuds 12:40 31 May 14

Was the spares company called Partsmaster. If so, its part of the Dixon Group.

spuds 12:50 31 May 14

Whoops, that should have been Partmaster not Partsmaster. This is a link to the company click here

bumpkin 15:17 31 May 14

"Is this an unusual delivery arrangement?"

Well I would not be too happy with it, if I want something delivered I expect it delivered to my house, not have to go and pick it up from somewhere. I once ordered something from Maplins and paid an extra £5 for delivery as I did not want to drive to the shop. Unfortunately I was out when the courier came so they took it to a depot further away than the shop and I had to collect it from there:=)

bumpkin 15:23 31 May 14

"Is this an unusual delivery arrangement?"

Well I would not be too happy with it, if I want something delivered I expect it delivered to my house, not have to go and pick it up from somewhere. I once ordered something from Maplins and paid an extra £5 for delivery as I did not want to drive to the shop. Unfortunately I was out when the courier came so they took it to a depot further away than the shop and I had to collect it from there:=)

SparkyJack 18:32 31 May 14

Daughter has arrived for a meal discussion turned to the above. The address was not Dixon's after all though the email seemed to intimate it was. She checked the street number and it turns out to be the local news agent. It seems the courier co., came to this arrange meant because ofthe location Blocks of flats and houses situated on a clearway thus no stopping allowed.

SparkyJack 23:52 31 May 14

Sorted --I think A combination ofChinese whispers and predictive text 'when the shipper informed the vedorinturn informed daughter Newsagent/collection point name is,as is so many. DHILLONS

BT 08:59 01 Jun 14

Could be they are using Collect+ parcel service, which uses local shops for delivery and collection of parcels.

Collect+

I've used it a few times from my local newsagents shop, most recent to return an old set-top box to Virgin Media when I got a new one.

Lots of Mail order companies are using it. You can have your parcel delivered there to pick up at your convenience, useful if you are out at work etc.

SparkyJack 14:31 01 Jun 14

There you go

Most likely

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now