Unfortunately

ulrich 20:42 15 Jul 08

I am one of the mindless morons who goes over the speed limit either in my car(97 Fiesta) or my motorcycle a 1986 Yamaha FZ 750 on which I have driven over 10,000 miles in the last year, the worst drivers drive at 30MPH but do not know how to use their indicators on roundabouts or junctions, maybe the gentleman on the M1 last Sunday in a P/Goet Black, I was in the middle lane, he in the fast lane going past me but then decided to pull over in the middle lane, where I was I looked over tooted my horn, didn't wake him or his wife up, luckily was able to react.

Everyday I sse brainless idiots who would probaly moan at me going past at over the speed limit, but don't realise that they drive at their spped eyes focused at 5 yards/metres in front of them.

Si_L 21:20 15 Jul 08

Its true when you say that driving over the speed limit is not as bad as driving at the limit but with your brain switched off, but it doesn't hurt to drive under the limit or use a full stop occasionally. :)

oresome 21:25 15 Jul 08

Any particular reason why you regularly exceed the speed limit?

You're a mindless moron driving amongst short sighted brainless idiots, some of whom fall asleep at the wheel. In the circumstances you describe, I'd proceed with extreme caution.

Quiller. 22:15 15 Jul 08

I drive at 50 to 55 on A roads and 60 to 65 on dual carriageways. Why? for better fuel economy.60+

If some speed merchant wants to get up my arse, tough. They will have to wait.:-)

ulrich 22:30 15 Jul 08

Quite correct. Unfortunately driving on the limit or under it doesn't stop accidents, its how you drive and react.

I enjoy driving my bike fast, but only where it is safe on roads I know, and because I drive fast I keep a very close eye on the road and road conditions, British roads are terrible and dangerous.

I am sorry but why should we drive on an empty Motorway at 6 o'clock in the morning at 70mph?

You should be able to drive as fast as the conditions are safe, 30mph in a built up area I clearly accept or 20mph. Generally on my pld bike someone driving at 65mph is not a problem to overtake even a Porsche.

Bingalau 22:35 15 Jul 08

ulrich. Sounds a little idiotic to me. But no doubt you will learn one way or the other.

Bingalau 22:37 15 Jul 08

I think you have started this thread just to start a bit of aggro.... We have been through this a lot of times in the past.

Forum Editor 22:43 15 Jul 08

wants to get up my arse, tough. They will have to wait.:-)"

That strikes me as a pretty petty-minded attitude, and it neatly sums up the cause of many accidents - people who have the 'tough they will have to wait' philosophy are every bit as much a danger on the roads as the speed merchants.

If someone charges up behind my car on the road I simply move over and let them pass - speed merchants may be dangerous, but frustrated speed merchants are more so.

Forum Editor 22:48 15 Jul 08

on an empty Motorway at 6 o'clock in the morning at 70mph?"

Because it's the law, and as far as I'm aware you don't have some kind of special exemption which makes it OK for you to drive or ride illegally.

What makes you think that you are the one to decide when conditions are safe enough for you to exceed the legal limit on a motorway - are you in some way different to the rest of us? Of course you're not, you seem to be one of those people who are an absolute menace on the roads - the people who believe they know better.

Quiller. 22:49 15 Jul 08

I drive with due care and attention on public roads and keep well within the speed limits.

If some one tries to intimidate me by getting up my arse, it doesn't work. I keep at the same speed and if it's safe fro them to overtake, fine.

" If someone charges up behind my car on the road I simply move over and let them pass - speed merchants may be dangerous, but frustrated speed merchants are more so."

So what do you do in London. Just park your car?

Ranger 22:59 15 Jul 08

FE,
this depends on what sort of road you are on, if you can move over, fine, but there are roads where you can't and how many of us have sped up, and yes even broke the speed limit because some twat is sitting on your tail trying to force you to go faster and you did.

When I was a less experienced driver I used to fall for it, now, they can sit on my tail with the occasional tap on the brakes from me, not enough to cause a problem just the brake lights on to keep them aware how close they are and maybe think a little, and yes on many occasions I have pulled into a layby or even a entrance to a field to let these twats pass.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…