Unexpected UFO i.e. unidentified foreign object

Brumas 18:07 14 Jan 08

click here

This is not your average potential gum lacerating, teeth chipping, throat blocking foreign object…. This is a ? & ? foreign object.

I thought of waiting until Friday to post this as my weekly puzzle but, in this instance I do know the location but can’t quite identify it!

For a treat I thought we would sample some of the widely-advertised, on the television, food range of the new store which opened quite recently in the area. I therefore took out a second mortgage and we paid them a visit. The Haddock and Hake fishcake looked particularly inviting so we bought some along with a varied selection of what was on offer.

Fortunately Fran discovered this little devil when cutting the fishcake on her plate, I dread to think what would have happened if she had put it into her mouth! I realise of course that something, somewhere along the production line had gone horribly wrong to ’produce’ this little blighter.

I photographed it on a piece of kitchen roll to show the scale and it measures approximately 1¼ inches long x a ¼ inch wide and is made of very hard sharp plastic which looks to have been snapped off something much larger (what happened to the rest of it?)

I have, of course, contacted the company and, at their request, have sent the object off to them for investigation – I await their reply with interest and shall keep you posted.

As an afterthought, I have to say, it doesn’t taste any nicer than the ones I can make myself!

Bingalau 21:05 14 Jan 08

Brumas. Blinkin' eck! Looks like a bit of electronic wizardry to me. Was it an Electric Eel you bought instead of a bit of 'addock and 'ake?
I believe this type of filling is normally done by a disgruntled worker or ex-worker. There are some idiots in this world.

Brumas 22:58 14 Jan 08

I sincerely do believe it was accidental - I always try to look for the positive in people otherwise everything appears far too gloomy :o))

Electric eel - it certainly Fran a shock!!

Brumas 22:58 14 Jan 08

LOL

wiz-king 05:39 15 Jan 08

That UFO (unidentified fishy object) does not look very piscean to me. I think it's a load of old cods-wallop.

Brumas 09:10 15 Jan 08

I agree, it doesn't make the manufactur -ling process look too e-fish-ient, does it?

Quickbeam 09:36 15 Jan 08

It's probably a piece of broken machinery from the processing plant. The sort of thing that's not missed until someone draws their attention to it.

I used to work in the baking industry, and when you have plant running 24/7, if a machine doesn't stop when it breaks, you don't know it's gone wrong!

Contacting the company first is always the better option. They will fall over apologizing and will prompt it to review their procedures the same day.

Going the local authority environmental dept route to complain causes long delays. In my experience they tend to come after a week or so, and won't let you see the 'foreign object' until you then make an appointment to go and see them in their office.

This delay has the company looking for something, but not knowing what, and risks more contaminated products going out to the public.

jack 09:55 15 Jan 08

It is best in my view always best to contact the manufacturer[or retailer if 'own brand']direct so that they can take immediate remedial measures- rather than wait for some red tape laden predure to slap a fine on them.
These people are not 19th c food adulterers now.
They will also most likely make a reward of some sort.

Bingalau 11:29 15 Jan 08

A customer in the pub I once managed, brought back to me a bottle of a well known brand of "Pilsner". Just inside the neck of the bottle was what appeared to be a piece of cloth, The bottle stunk to high heaven. I managed to get the bottle from the customer and replaced it with an apology from me. I eventually got a reply from the brewery concerned in Belgium. They were most apologetic and sent a rep to see the customer, who also got a substantial sum of cash without even complaining. I did the complaining for him. I never did find out what was in the bottle but the rep., told me it was a revenge type thing by an ex worker. There were quite a few of the faulty bottles in the system. The company concerned managed to keep it out of the newspapers.

Brumas 21:26 21 Jan 08

Having heard nothing, I phoned Customer Services again only to be asked to ring back at the end of next week. Apparently they are only just processing what they had received on the 11th January!

I just hope the kept the offending object in the fridge, phwoarr - I can imagine what it will smell like if they haven't!!

DieSse 21:55 21 Jan 08

I think it was a radio tracking device attached to a fish that got caught and ended up in your fish cake.

Their minds will still be boggling as they watched it move across land and into your kitchen

;-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…