Unbelievable

Davideng 11:50 16 Nov 04

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah .I have just taken delivery of Half Lie 2. I am 40 yeas old and I was 13 when I pre-ordered this game , I have waited and waited until finally the great day has dawned Nov 16th 2004.What do I find ?? the game cannot be played in the Uk or Europe yet !!!!! It has somthing to do with "Steam" the online service for the game .I am assured by the helpline that it will be sorted out today ,I await to see what happens .

Davie

The Ghost of Inept Pig 11:56 16 Nov 04

Are you sure it's not just down to the fact that you have to activate the game online via Steam? Meaning that you have to setup a Steam account, etc?

I've not heard anyone else complaining of troubles getting it running (although I've not heard anything from the people who were meant to have the game delivered today - maybe they're too busy trying to make it work?)

I, on the other hand, only ordered it on Sunday, after a good year of resisting temptation - so I have plenty more time to twiddle my thumbs until my copy arrives.

spikeychris 12:30 16 Nov 04

"I am 40 yeas old and I was 13 when I pre-ordered this game"

27 years?

Dan the Confused 12:40 16 Nov 04

Must of been a half lie ;)

Davideng 12:43 16 Nov 04

Ever heard of sarcasm my friend !!!

Sir Radfordin 16:08 16 Nov 04
  Forum Editor 18:29 16 Nov 04

and wait for the authentication servers to cool off. What's a few hours delay in the context of such anticipation?

fourjays 19:10 16 Nov 04

But last time I heard of software called Steam, it was a load of forums and news articles warning people not to use it, as it was one great big hacking/spyware/adware/virus/trojan program? Of course, I guess it could be a diferent steam. lol

stalion 21:28 16 Nov 04

not worth getting all steamed up about

fourjays 23:11 16 Nov 04

lol

Buchan 35 22:07 17 Nov 04

Oh hell forget it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…