Ultimate overdraft, moral dilemma?

Blackhat 22:56 23 May 09

You get $10m by mistake, these two did a runner, what would you do?
click here
It's enough to disappear with, can't make my mind up on this one, would be very tempting to cut & run.

peter99co 22:59 23 May 09

You can run but can you hide?

Kev.Ifty 01:41 24 May 09

i'd become an MP

laurie53 07:16 24 May 09

I'm a bit non-plussed by this.

If someone deposited $10m in my account by mistake I'd do a runner myself, but all this couple have done is increase their overdraft, albeit by more than they expected, so it is still their debt and their responsibility.

dagnammit 07:18 24 May 09

Simple - 'fess up and hope for a 10% reward from the bank.

tein 10:07 24 May 09

It would be a case of "Dont ring us We'l ring you"
adios! (Chuckles)

Colin 11:58 24 May 09

I may be a bit of a wuss but I would give it back. Could you spend the rest of your life waiting for a knock on the door? And as for the fact that a bank made the mistake, two wrongs don’t make a right.

Forum Editor 19:15 24 May 09

A great many people would act according to their assessment of the chances of being caught if it ever happened to them.

wee eddie 20:01 24 May 09

In the early 60's, when I worked in the City, I happened on an unattended Bullion Van loaded with 20 (that was my quick count) Bars of gold.

No Guards, no Cameras, not a soul about. I assessed that, although I could remove and carry one Bar, there was little chance that I could safely stash it and go about my business without someone noticing that I had taken longer than usual. So I left the site with little regret.

In those days, us young Jobbers made quite sufficient to pay for, the TR, the Chelsea Flat, Annabel's and Crockfords, so I wasn't unduly put out. Maybe I'd take the risk now as the price of Gold compares more favourably with my earnings as a Taxi Driver!

AL47 18:54 25 May 09

dunno if i could have resisted that! wouldve been a, am i feeling lucky? day lol

with the current situation, theres really no escape!

wee eddie 11:31 26 May 09

I had little doubt that I could have removed a Bar of Bullion (I knew that I couldn't carry 2 because of their weight) and taken it quite a long way without discovery>

However, I had no desire to become a fugitive for such a, relatively small, sum of money.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…