Uk running out of gas

bumpkin 20:25 PM 23 Mar 13

According to the media we are running out of gas so it may have to be rationed. Can anyone explain how this would be done.

woodchip 20:28 PM 23 Mar 13

ration books

rdave13 20:34 PM 23 Mar 13

Raising the price will do it.

N47. 20:42 PM 23 Mar 13

Andrew Mitchell has been compiling a list of all the plebs.

He will, personally, go around and switch off all those marked in his little black book.

namtas 20:51 PM 23 Mar 13

Well one thing is for sure, if it is cut off to homes it cannot just be switched back on.

bumpkin 21:09 PM 23 Mar 13

Woodchip, good idea, tiny ones for the plebs and big fat ones for our "superiors". rdave, a perfect opportunity for raising the price then it can be raised again when we have a surplus due to increased storage costs, are you a politician by any chance.N47 I thought I saw someone like Mitchell nosing round my meter earlier, said he had come to read it. Thinks I am stupid obviously.

WhiteTruckMan 00:10 AM 24 Mar 13

Perhaps consumption could be reduced by reducing the mains pressure? But I dont know how much this could be done by before safety becomes an issue, and if it would save all that much before it does so.

WTM

mole1944 05:46 AM 24 Mar 13

Simple answer is connect a pipe to the house of commons and extract all the gas coming from there, there should be plenty to keep this country supplied for decades to come.

Chronos the 2nd 08:00 AM 24 Mar 13

Uk running out of gas

That's a lie, due to an enforced diet regime I am full of it.

Quickbeam 08:01 AM 24 Mar 13

There was an excess of it on this forum yesterday.

michaelw 09:33 AM 24 Mar 13

We have 20 days storage, France has 90, US has 6 months. We have only a few days left with tankers on the way. It's a race against time whether I can cook supper or not.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…