UK 'On Cusp Of Second Banking Failure'

Uboat 10:15 04 Oct 10

IS there "Any" good news around ..

click here

Quickbeam 10:23 04 Oct 10

It won't happen if the moaning pensioners get out spend their vast savings.

Apparently...

jack 10:27 04 Oct 10

What savings?
Anyway at my age[77] I have one each of everything needed.
What else is there to spend it on?

johndrew 10:30 04 Oct 10

You could always waste it on increases in energy costs, petrol, rates and by buying unnecessary items like food ;-)

Alternatively I have the address of this poor banker .........

interzone55 11:22 04 Oct 10

Which figure is the result of "calculations made by an extreme left-wing think tank which would love them to come true because it believes that economic growth is something to be despised." the £6bn you mention of the £1.2tn in Uboat's link.

I know nothing about the New Economics Foundation...

spuds 11:23 04 Oct 10

Second Banking Failure.

Are we not still in the first, or is this a media non-story?.

mole44 13:43 04 Oct 10

If it wasn`t for us pensioners saving,you feckless spenders would have no overdraft and be in the mire you`ve probablly created by spending my savings.Live within your means.

interzone55 13:53 04 Oct 10

I kind of thought it would be that.

I'm sure I mentioned on one of the recession based threads last year that the bank bailout would probably make us a profit in the end, but I was laughed off by the Daily Mail readers...

Forum Editor 18:34 04 Oct 10

a Think Tank is a bunch of people who do research and come up with reports - usually (but not always)for the vested interests who funded the research.

An example of the kind of thing The NEF publishes is "21 hours: Why a shorter working week can help us all to flourish in the 21st century"

They've done some good work, but as far as I know they aren't up there with the stellar economic thinkers of our day. I intend to lose nil sleep over this 'cusp of second banking failure' scaremongering

morddwyd 20:19 04 Oct 10

No wish to get personal, but I do tend to view some of Uboat's posts with a jaundiced eye!

No offence, Uboat!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now