UFO's

jimv7 19:34 15 Sep 06

Has anyone ever seen or experienced a ufo, my own experience is..

Leaving work, one of a crowd on a dark winter's morning at 7am in the 80's, looking across the water towards Torpoint, we all saw a saucer shaped object that was hovering about 50 feet off the water the shape was clearly visible against the lights of Torpoint, then it took off in a northerly direction at a very good rate of speed.

Having seen a Phantom with after-burners on in daylight during a show flying away from me, this was quite slow in comparison.

No report was made either by any our group or by one of the frigates that had radar on line at the time.

Forum Editor 19:49 15 Sep 06

This quite takes me back to the old days in the forum, when a thread like this was guaranteed to run and run, and there were always tears before bed-time.

FE settles back, pours himself a friday evening glass of champagne, and watches expectantly........

it's going to be a great weekend.

abbott8 19:57 15 Sep 06

seen lots of strange things over salisbury plain at night and early hours of the the morning, not attributable to the RAF or our allies during the 80's and 90's. seen a phantom going flat out at night from Aloconbury, those afterburners certainly could confuse.

ade.h 19:59 15 Sep 06

FE - ROFL! And you were hoping for a quiet weekend.

anskyber 19:59 15 Sep 06

Groan. Please spare us all and mark this as resolved.

wolfie3000 20:01 15 Sep 06

Must admit i was surprised you allowed this FE but im glad your letting it run.

I myself havent seen a UFO but i dont think i would want to,

If i did see one i would think i had lost my mind,

That would scare me near to death.

Jackcoms 20:08 15 Sep 06

"Leaving work, one of a crowd on a dark winter's morning at 7am"

Shouldn't that read:

"Leaving the pub, one of a crowd on a dark winter's morning at 7am"

abbott8 20:16 15 Sep 06

if you want a different slant on mythology and ufos try reading Chariots of the Gods by Eric von Dankinen

ade.h 20:19 15 Sep 06

I think I'll give that a miss if you don't mind. Having just finished dinner, it would a bad time to split my sides laughing.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:39 15 Sep 06

UFOs = all in the minds of unstable people....usually from farming communities in Idaho where marrying ones' cousin is more than legal.

G

may the farce be with you.

lisa02 21:00 15 Sep 06

ROFL @ Gandalf

There has to be something out there... I'm open minded about that, but not UFOs and the like.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…