Type Faces

Bingalau 10:30 21 Oct 10

As an ex printer I have just noticed this on the BBC Home Page.
click here

I quite like it myself, but it got me wondering how other people think about Fonts/Founts etc. My favourite for e-mails etc. is "Book Antiqua" I also like "Gill Sans" and "Garamond".

Quickbeam 11:23 21 Oct 10

That one's a definite no-no for the CV presentation.

And d'ya know, only the other day I was wondering what type face was the commonest on tins of....

john bunyan 11:31 21 Oct 10

Being old fashioned I use Times New Roman as a rule. I slightly prefer serifs.

jakimo 11:39 21 Oct 10

The country is in crisis,people are losing their jobs,and possibly their homes,bushiness are refused loans,callers on phone-in radio programmes are advocating strikes and militant action

Oh,and Bingalau likes comic fonts

Quickbeam 11:54 21 Oct 10

Even news papers are still printing the lighter side of life... click here

wiz-king 11:59 21 Oct 10

I prefer 'Tecnical'

wiz-king 12:01 21 Oct 10

or even 'Technical' - a three word post and I get one spelt wrong!

michaelw 12:30 21 Oct 10

As well as "Gill Sans" and "Garamond" we used "Helvetica" a lot in advertising. It was a long time ago and there's many more but my memory is fading fast.

Bingalau 12:37 21 Oct 10

jakimo. The country has been in crisis as long as I can remember and I am eighty ruddy years old. So I'm certainly not going to worry about it now. By the way I like anything comical. I've done my serious bit many years ago.

Quickbeam 12:43 21 Oct 10

Was I supposed to do a serious bit as well?

I'm afraid I've never taken life too seriously if you haven't already noticed;)

m800afc 13:06 21 Oct 10

I seem to remember a similar brouhaha at the end of the seventies. The font in question then was "Microgramma Medium Extended" it was put to bed when it was used on Clive Sinclairs products. It is seldom seen now, except for retro-chic uses.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced