Twitter shames Southwest Airlines

Seth Haniel 14:15 15 Feb 10

click here

In the age of micro-blogging it will never be a wise move to bar an outspoken and popular filmmaker from a passenger aeroplane because of his size.

Having done just that to Kevin Smith, who is the director of films such as Clerks and Chasing Amy, Southwest Airlines was forced into hasty public apology after he handed out a severe Twitter-lashing to the airline and mobilised complaints from his 1.64 million followers.

jack 15:32 15 Feb 10

That wanted a man to move- thus abandoning his wife in a three seat row because a child was allocated a seat next to him.{fear of child molestation etc was the reason given] No consideration given then to the possibility of said child acting up to the discomfiture of the passenger.
Seems they take yer money - and then expect the passenger to cover their cock ups.

canarieslover 15:45 15 Feb 10

So because he is a celebrity it is O.K. for him to be so oversize that he cannot put both armrests down. Having suffered a flight where the person sitting next to me made it extremely uncomfortable for me I would back the airline. He could have booked two seats as per their guidelines for the obese.

sunnystaines 16:35 15 Feb 10

In the early days of civilian aviation all passengers were weighed and surcharged if obese.

this died away with larger passenger planes.

Forum Editor 18:44 15 Feb 10

seated next to an enormously fat woman, and it was without a doubt the most uncomfortable ten hours I have spent on an aircraft. The woman overflowed her seat, fidgeted constantly, went to the toilet many times - a major event, as she was in the window seat, and I was on the aisle - and her body odour was something I would rather forget.

When will obese people begin to understand that the world can't be expected to treat them as though they aren't fat? Very fat people need lots of space, and in an aircraft that's the one thing in short supply.

This loudmouth has used his 'celebrity' status to launch a vicious campaign against an airline which considered the comfort of its other passengers when it made the rule about people who are so fat they can't fit into a normal seat. I've no time for such nastiness, I support the captain who made the decision.

morddwyd 20:11 15 Feb 10

"the airline[Was it BA?]

That wanted a man to move-"

I would have moved, of course, straight into First Class, accompanied by my family!

folsom 20:12 15 Feb 10

FE...Fully agree, these so called minor celebrities think they can do just as they like, well done to the captain.

morddwyd 20:20 15 Feb 10

As I have posted before, I flew down to the Falklands, before it became the tourist place it is toady, sat next to the two year old son of a British diplomat.

He cried and wailed (the toddler not the diplomat!) just about the whole way.

Sixteen b****y hours of it - nearly two hundred service passengers on that aircraft and I had to sit next to the noisier of only two civilians present!

sunnystaines 20:31 15 Feb 10

could be worse where there are 3 seats together and you are in the middle of two fat obese people.

WhiteTruckMan 20:51 15 Feb 10

Ebenezer Blackadder: My what a jolly fellow.

Baldrick: Looked like a fat git to me.

Ebenezer Blackadder: Yes Baldrick, but if one peels away the layers of a 'fat git' you'll probably find a...

Baldrick: Thin git!

Unquote

-Blackaders christmas carol

WTM

Seth Haniel 21:20 15 Feb 10

Someone who could have some medical condition totally unrelated to food can be discriminated against if they want to travel by aircraft! Not very PC or understanding I murt say

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…