Twin Towns

interzone55 20 Oct 12

The small Scottish community of Glenelg will hold a ceremony later to twin itself with its namesake on Mars.

I do hope representatives from both places are at the ceremony.

BBC Link

Kevscar1 20 Oct 12

The Martians were willing to come but the Scots said they would have to pay for their own accomadtions and food.

Kevscar1 20 Oct 12

The Martians were willing to come but the Scots said they would have to pay for their own accomadtions and food.

Quickbeam 20 Oct 12

What was the town mentioned in the old standup gag about being twinned with Kraktoa?

lotvic 20 Oct 12

Krakatoa? isn't that East of Leamington?

Aitchbee 20 Oct 12

We've got Karaoke ... East of Govan. :o|

Brumas 20 Oct 12

Glenelg - the only palindromic Scottish place-name. Not a lot of people know that, said in a Michael Caine accent of course ;o}

Aitchbee 20 Oct 12

Brumas ...

Ewe cannot be serious ... Loch Ewe!

Brumas 20 Oct 12

Aitchbee

Loch Ewe - Ewe Hcol - no competition ;o}

Bing.alau 20 Oct 12

When this was shown on the BBC news this morning there were lots of little Martians scampering about the place. I hope they know how to phone home so that their parents can collect them. There was also a lady astronaut talking about how nice it was.

I suppose there could be worse "Twinnings"? Such as Liverpool and London?

interzone55 20 Oct 12

Bing.alau

Liverpool and Wapping wouldn't go down well

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message