Tweedy sentence laughable...

Kaacee 15:02 14 Apr 09

So Tweedy assaults a taxi driver just carrying out his job and causes untold grief to him and his family, and the magistrate decides because he (Tweedy) is perceived to have had a rough time recently, his sentence will be reduced by a third.

The assault took place before his wife !! died and therefore the sentence should not reflect this in any shape or form.

If the crime attracts a tariff of 18 weeks(too short in my opinion) then 18 weeks it should be, no less.

But then again, with all the publicity surrounding this pathetic family, should we be surprised, perhaps Gordon Brown could put a good (no pun intended)word in for him and release him even earlier along with a payment to help him on his way.

Stuartli 15:26 14 Apr 09

Didn't this individual have to have special permission to be released to visit his sick wife-to-be, hold the wedding and then attend the funeral?

I would expect that would have some bearing on the eventual length of his sentence.

ened 15:55 14 Apr 09

Yes he was jailed in September for EIGHTEEN months for assaulting a young boy with a golf club.

So you may well ask what he was even doing out of prison so soon.

He committed a further serious offence on a poor taxi driver,who must have been terrified, and in my opinion 12 weeks is totally inadequate!

OTT_Buzzard 16:13 14 Apr 09

It is a bit sickening.
The only reason I can think of that it should have been cut due to the death of Jade Goody, is if Jade herelf was 'the bad influence' on him and therefore it's unlikely to ever happen again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…