tv query

FungusBoggieman 20:12 11 Aug 07

what is better
LCD or PLASMA
looking for a new tv
i have noticed tho if you touch a lcd a nark is left for about 3 seconds
i am con cerned that if i by a lcd tv my grandaughter can reach it if sh knocks screen will it get damaged easliy (lcd)
compared to a plasma
what are the pros and cons between the two

TopCat® 20:39 11 Aug 07

I would say the latest LCD screens are better. In your case I'd get a model that could be wall mounted! :o) TC. click here

xclr8r 22:12 11 Aug 07

Not sure if this is true but, I have heard that these flat type tv's use 3 times as much power as a normal crt tv.
So much for saving the planet if it is true though eh?

Stuartli 22:13 11 Aug 07

See:

click here

although it's now generally accepted that the larger LCD models are as good as the big plasma sets.

Top brand for display quality at present is Panasonic.

Stuartli 22:18 11 Aug 07

Re power consumption. LCD sets use about the same or a little more than CRT sets; plasma TVs (all are large screen size) up to twice the power consumption.

However power consumption levels are being whittled down all the time as the technology is developed further.

The best way to cut consumption is to cut back on the original factory brightness, contrast and colour settings - set high to impress in showrooms - with the benefit that you also obtain a far more natural picture.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…