TV Licencing Direct Debit

Covergirl 18:59 19 Feb 09

When (just about) everybody else offers discounts for direct debit payments, why does TV Licencing charge extra - like £12 per year for monthly payments?

Oooooohhhhhh . . . . . ! ! ! ! !

kindly 19:02 19 Feb 09

Its for thier Christmas party. LOL

anskyber 19:06 19 Feb 09

I do not. Mind you the complex way they calculate things for new starters may be confusing particularly if the "year" includes any increase in the License fee.

This is what they say about DD

"Over the first six months, you'll pay for your current TV Licence in monthly instalments of around £23. In the seventh month, you'll then start to pay in advance towards your next licence with twelve monthly instalments of less than £12 a month (so you'll make six payments before your new licence is due and six payments after). You'll continue paying for future licences in this way.

Covergirl 19:23 19 Feb 09

but they want £1.25 / quarter if you want to pay it in 4 installments

Covergirl 19:25 19 Feb 09

but it says one option is £5.50 per week !

That would be £286 / year which I can't believe so it must be a pre-payment system as well

Covergirl 19:28 19 Feb 09

you'll pay for your first TV Licence over six months in 26 weekly payments. After this, you can move to fortnightly payments towards your next TV Licence

Covergirl 19:30 19 Feb 09

. . . and have a look first before I take someone elses word for it :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…