TV Digital transfer

Curio 14:13 09 Sep 09

It happened at midnight. We are now totally digital in the Southwest. Had problems earlier receiving many digital channels including Channel 5, but the increased digital signal has solved all that. I don't have to replace my aerial. Sometimes a plan does work out! I wonder how many bought a new aerial when it was unnecessary?

Chegs ®™ 14:26 09 Sep 09

We in the very far north west were one of the first places to go all digital.As I dont possess a ladder,I couldnt install a new aerial(and refuse to pay someone else to do it)I have a TV "dongle" for my laptop that has a very simple aerial(vertical dipole)and even that receives a reasonable signal anywhere in the house(but as I can actually see the transmitter from my garden,no surprises)We bought a freeview box for my daughters bedroom,and despite it claiming the signal is "100%" her TV pictures arent very good,lots of freezing,pixellation,etc on quite a few channels(and we are also only being given 20 of the 48 channels)Her freeview box is connected to the original aerial as we have downstairs

Chegs ®™ 14:27 09 Sep 09

Sky downstairs....insert

ronalddonald 14:38 09 Sep 09

googles to find out about a an aerial upgrade and i don't need one since my roof aerial receives perfect pictures, however i still haven't brought a digi box

Quiller. 15:20 09 Sep 09

We had to.

Our old one fell off the roof years ago.

We now have sky freeview in the lounge and a set top digi box in the kitchen and bedroom.

oresome 15:45 09 Sep 09

I wouldn't count your chickens Curio.

The broadcasters will be adding extra compression to many channels to make room for High Definition next. That will effectively mean you need a stronger signal to decode them error free.

Curio 19:30 09 Sep 09

That's a spanner in the works I didn't expect. Hopefully if required an aerial amplifier will do the job.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac