Turkeys Voting For Christmas

Quickbeam 08:50 11 Apr 11

[link text][1]

[1]: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/240033/Iceland-votes-to-reject-repay-deal What did they expect?

Quickbeam 08:57 11 Apr 11

I think that the address is too long for the new system. You'll have to copy and paste:(

Al94 09:09 11 Apr 11
  Quickbeam 09:41 11 Apr 11

Al94 It wouldn't do that for me.

fourm member, how did you get it to put a name on the link?

Quickbeam 09:52 11 Apr 11

fourm member, I've sussed it, but it's not that clear with that tiny writing in a huge box!

Owl (@v@) 10:45 11 Apr 11

Quickbeam[put it in the blue "linktext" box when you type in the url][1]

Quickbeam 12:24 11 Apr 11

I did, but that's how it posted!

Can you hear me at the back there?

whtdsob 13:59 11 Apr 11

Quickbeam

placed in blue textbox

testing

Forum Editor 19:24 11 Apr 11

If I was an Icelander I might think like this:

'Greedy British investors looked at our %15.5 interest rate, compared it with their 5.5% and saw a chance to make a quick buck. In their haste to grab some easy money they fell over themselves to invest, and apparently didn't stop to wonder how we could offer such a high rate. The natural caution that should have warned them something didn't add up was thrown to the wind. Now they come crying to us for their money back. Our country is in the worst financial crisis in its history, so they can take a running jump - let them sue us"

But then I'm not an Icelander, I'm British, and I want my stupid local authority to get some of my money back.

DippyGirl 00:16 12 Apr 11

So what if everyone (countries, companies, individuals ) when asked to pay up (like Iceland) just said "tough" ? What happens next ?

Quickbeam 06:55 12 Apr 11

"What happens next ?" We'd be even more screwed than we are, and for that reason we should be very wary about throwing anymore bucketfuls of money around.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…