trying to find a channel 4 film

hello all,
as i was clicking through the forums i saw the claim to fame thread, and it made me think of a film i was in in the mid 80s (as an extra)..i cant remember the full title but it was a channel 4 film and the title was somebodys name + goes home or comes home??? it was about football i think and it was partly filmed in hull...dont know if it ever got aired or not...havent even seen it yet so would be good to watch myself as a nipper :) everybody got their super google fingers ready? :) thanks kind regards akanic

Stuartli 15:32 02 Jul 07

You don't have super Google fingers then?

Gregory's Girl is the one that comes immediately to mind with John Gordon Sinclair and Dee Hepburn (without recourse to Google).

Stuartli 15:39 02 Jul 07

See:

click here

Also starred Claire Gordon, who later fronted pop group Altered Images and who has also been a music channel presenter.

interzone55 15:46 02 Jul 07

Whilst I don't have the correct answer, I've been searching hard, I know it's almost certainly not Grogory's Girl as that was set somewhat north of Hull, it being a Scottish film.

dagbladet 16:00 02 Jul 07

Claire Grogan?

hello and thanks for your help so far.. thanks Stuartli but it wasnt gregorys girl...i have searched for this film before, and couldnt find it then..have been searching on film archives all over the place but nothing...i thought the power of pc advisor was greater than this :) well i will do a bit more searching but it seems like the best thing mabey is to ring channel 4 up and ask :) kind regards akanic

just to add i dont know if it was all about football for the entire film..the scene i was in was at hull city's ground at boothferry park and me and my mates had to run round the corner with programmes in hand pretending we had won a football match..had to do a few retakes because i kept staring straight into the camera :) we bunked of school to do this, and we got payed!! with a sandwich and a cup of tea... budget films eh lol.. kind regards akanic

ashdav 17:29 02 Jul 07

click here
is the film in this list ?

thanks for that ashdav,
there are two that mabey fit the bill, but wouldnt know without watching.
And trying to find my 13 second scene would be a bit of a task :).the titles dont ring any bells but they could of changed the title or mabey i got the title wrong..will delve a little deeper and if i find it i might share my humility with you all :)
kind regards akanic

Bingalau 18:00 02 Jul 07

"Cathy Come Home" with Carole White is the only name I can remember anywhere near that. I think it was about 1965.

The Championship 2004

it could be this one as it was filmed at boothferry park but it says it was made in 2004 or was that released in 2004 ?? seems too late on to me but will try and have a look :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…