Try to be really honest

Forum Editor 23:29 20 Feb 11

both with yourself, and with me, and tell me how important the internet is in your life on a scale of 1 to 10.

1 being 'not at all important, I wouldn't miss it in the slightest if I had to give it up'

5 being 'I wouldn't really mind one way or the other.

and 10 being 'Life just wouldn't be the same without it'

There's nothing earth-shatteringly important behind this, I'm just interested. The usual privacy assurance applies - I won't tell another living soul what you say.

I'll give you my own honest answer now: 8 I would find it very difficult to earn my living without internet access, and would prefer not to have to try.

peter99co 23:36 20 Feb 11

I would say 6 because I should have gone to bed and I am still online.

Woolwell 23:36 20 Feb 11

Does it include e-mail?

Scale 8 to 9 for me (8 without e-mail, 9 with).

Forum Editor 23:42 20 Feb 11

Email wouldn't exist without the internet, so yes, it's included.

wolfie3000 23:46 20 Feb 11

A definite 9 for me,
Not being able to have philosophical debates on the freethinkers forum, Not being able to chat to my friends that I have across the world and not being able to play online games would certainly be a dramatic change in my life but im sure I could cope given time.

Also not being able to do our online weekly shopping would certainly put a strain on me physically.

The only reason it isn't a 10 is because I don't use it as part of my living. But I would find life very different without it!

Strawballs 23:56 20 Feb 11

Got to be an 8 because I would struggle to get to the bank during their short working day and use it to keep in contact and arrange things with family members.

Dragon_Heart 00:01 21 Feb 11

.... and electricity you come to depend on it.

I run a web group for parents of special needs children so based on that alone I have to say 10+

Looking for and booking holidays, route planning, days out, best prices, Amazon ......

It is an important tool in like but unlike some it is NOT my life.

Number six 00:06 21 Feb 11

Definite 9 here also. I think the internet and television are equally indespensible in most peoples lives these days.

Macscouse 00:06 21 Feb 11

Friday nights without Brumas' postings, and Bingalau's erudite musings-unthinkable.

Seth Haniel 00:14 21 Feb 11

From me. Changed my life ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…