True colours starting to show now...

interzone55 21:00 08 Jul 09

Sink immigrants' boats - Griffin

click here

I hope all the people who voted for this nazi are happy now...

Clapton is God 21:05 08 Jul 09

And your solution would be ...??

interzone55 21:26 08 Jul 09

I don't have a solution, but we need to highlight how dangerous these idiots are so they don't get any seats in next years general election...

Forum Editor 22:32 08 Jul 09

that boats carrying people - regardless of whether they are illegal immigrants or not - should be sunk to prevent them entering Europe is mentally unhinged, and should be prevented from ever getting into a position of power at any cost.

Chegs ®™ 04:13 09 Jul 09

and should be prevented from ever getting into a position of power at any cost.

He has already been elected so he's already gained some power....unfortunately.

newman35 06:39 09 Jul 09

Pity we aren't able to take him, his party and all the idiots who voted BNP on a cruise - and sink them all (throwing them some life-rafts of course).

Hopefully, the knee-jerk reaction to MP's expenses, which got them elected, will never be repeated again.

laurie53 07:03 09 Jul 09

"and should be prevented from ever getting into a position of power at any cost."

"prevented at any cost" is the language of the fanatic, like the BNP.

Whether "at any cost" is ever justified depends on whether you are personally being asked to pay that cost.

I would like to see muslim extremism wiped out, but I'm not sure if I am willing to pay the price of detention without trial and suspension of habeus corpus and some of the other trends we`are seeing.

Should naziism have been "wiped out at any cost" such as killing all Germans or sterilising all German males?

newman35 07:30 09 Jul 09

Much though I agree with what you say, I would expect that what FE wrote wasn't meant too literally, but just a figure of speech used to express his complete distaste. But he will doubtless respond, and I don't wish to pre-empt it.

In the same way my own comment about sinking the cruise ship should be taken in the same context.

Armchair 10:15 09 Jul 09

Seems like any post that doesn't agree with the Forum Editor's views gets deleted.

Cymro. 11:44 09 Jul 09

"Seems like any post that doesn't agree with the Forum Editor's views gets deleted".

and without an explanation all too often.

interzone55 12:08 09 Jul 09

This is a retro-moderated forum. If you post something that is potentially libellous, or could be construed as offensive in any way, then your post will be deleted without warning or notification.

FE, as controller of these forums, would be the one dragged before the courts if action is taken against a post, so he takes a "better safe than sorry" stance.

I've had loads of posts deleted, many I wouldn't have posted if there was a preview post option like The Registers' comments page, but here there is just the "post & be damned" option...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…