Trouble Buying

It's Me 16:54 28 Jul 04

Does anyone else have trouble with web sites that are not easy to follow. And from well known firms at that.
I have been testing the Iomega Automatic Backup software, and eventually decided that it was for me!
I therefore went to the web site to buy the Registration Key offered (I didn't need the actual software as I had that already). They have a very strange form filing process and a funny way with English which led me to do the wrong things, however I managed to get to the checkout and pay (1 and a bit hours it took), I was then fed a the download of the Reg Key which was obviously the whole programme, I tried to download it and got to 94% before it timed out, and then couldn't get back to that point. A received Email gave me a web address which didn't work either. However a phone no. a 020 purporting to be a local rate no. was provided, so I rang this and found a lady speaking at me in an odd accent, giving me the usual choices, anyway I eventually spoke to another lady who was speaking from Holland who explained that the key I wanted would come in a second Email within the next 24 hours, and, she did check, I'd have to await its arrival. She took on board my complaint that nothing that I had seen explained about the second Email, and that the site was difficult. I don't expect for one moment that she, or anyone else will do owt. Why are they so difficult I keep asking my self.
In amongst all this, I found that when I fired up Opera, instead of getting my usual 'Blank' page that I want and expect, I was looking at a colourful page of Yahoo stuff; now where the heck has that come from?

Vastine 19:35 28 Jul 04

I don't have the answer, but you have my sympathy.

I've been reading glowing reviews in PC Advisor about a 'desktop-replacement' notebook: the AJP D870P. Before ordering, I went to the AJP website where I found a wide descrepancy in the D8760P specification to that shown in PC Advisor's review of this particularly model. I contacted AJP by fax, explaining that I was a potential customer and that I was wondering which specification I would get were I to place a firm order with them for a D870P. That was three days ago. I'm still waiting to hear. Has anyone else ordered something they've seen well reviewed and found waht they got wasn't up to spec?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…