Troops' equipment is 'nothing but best' says Brown

JanetO 11:00 27 Jul 09

Is it? click here

General Sir Richard Dannatt thinks not.

peter99co 11:19 27 Jul 09

That info is a bit old (Last updated at 13:46 21 December 2007) He was behaving like Santa

I think he still believes he is right!

peter99co 11:31 27 Jul 09

click here

10 days ago but at least he talks common sense.

JanetO 11:45 27 Jul 09

My bad. I just saw the date at the top of the article - Monday, Jul 27 2009 (a bit silly for the article not to be upated). But ironically it just goes to show his views haven't changed since Dec 2007.

Troops have enough equipment - Brown click here

UK troops have the equipment to fight Taliban, says Brown click here=

Chegs ®™ 13:48 27 Jul 09

Surely,giving the troops more helicopters to transport personnel around would mean the taliban claiming even more lives by shooting them down?

When Ross Kemp was over there he spoke to a pilot who explained that they were regularly fired at during take-off/landing.

Grey Goo 13:51 27 Jul 09

I did read somewhere that the MoD is getting small arms ammunition from a cheap Eastern European source and that there are many misfires, jamming weapons. This may or may not be the case as the source was not revealed.

oresome 14:59 27 Jul 09

The lead time for military equipment procurement runs into years, then add on the personel training required to use it and support it and you can appreciate that there's no quick fix.

User-1229748 15:17 27 Jul 09

a few years ago i reckon i would have thought of someone who was just about to join the army as a good choice for a youngster.i certainly wouldn't recommend anyone join the military now because i'm afraid afghanistan is one war we will never win no matter what equipment we give them.

sunnystaines 18:46 27 Jul 09

the argies must look back now and wished they had waited for Brown to take over.

will they be temped again when they see how our forces are run on a shoe string and with no long distance bombers anymore and few helicopters.

peter99co 18:51 27 Jul 09

We still have a servicable Vulcan

oresome 19:46 27 Jul 09

To give this discussion some perspective, the UK has the 4th largest defence budget in the world behind only the USA, China and France.

Source Wilkipedia

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5