Tripoli has fallen, all power to the four-way flashers

Colonel Graham 00:27 22 Aug 11

The residents must have been traumatised when they saw the rebel pick-ups with their flashes on.

Quickbeam 00:47 22 Aug 11

Did Rommel use four way flashers too...?

zzzz999 06:18 22 Aug 11

I don't think it has fallen just yet

wiz-king 06:36 22 Aug 11

They are looking for a Colonel - are you going to promote yourself again?

morddwyd 08:43 22 Aug 11

The in-fighting has already started.

The people of Misrata say they should now take charge, as they made the greatest sacrifices!

As we've seen with the continued unrest in Egypt, many groups in this area are great believers in democracy as long as it means they can seize, and hold on to, power.

oresome 10:09 22 Aug 11

"There's no leader so bad that he can't be replaced by someone worse" to misquote an ex PM.

Colonel Graham 11:15 22 Aug 11

I have cut short my holiday until this matter is resolved. At that time, I will relinquish my title.

spuds 11:46 22 Aug 11

I seem to recall that some people were strongly suggesting that this Libya internal problem would all be over in a few days, when the UN became involved?.

I wonder if Syria is on the PM's or UN agenda, as an urgent human rights issue, like Libya?.

john bunyan 14:01 22 Aug 11

spuds

"I wonder if Syria is on the PM's or UN agenda, as an urgent human rights issue, like Libya?."

Maybe, but they will do nothing as the Arab League have not asked for action and in any case China and Russia would veto any UN plan for military involvement.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:02 22 Aug 11

Does Syria have oil?

nangadef 17:09 22 Aug 11

In your 'Oops' scenario, Fourm member, I wonder what our governments reaction would have been if it had been a serious, armed attempt to overthrow the government.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…