Is this trick really possible?

Bald Eagle 12:19 PM 02 Jul 13

I've just finished reading a spy thriller book in which the spies passed on messages using Google Gmail. To stop the message being read by the Feds they wrote the message then saved it as a draft. They then logged off. Their mate, another spy, then logged onto the same account and read the draft. No sending of emails so not readable or traceable by the Feds.

Would this work?

wiz-king 13:10 PM 02 Jul 13

Your fellow conspirator would need your log-in to Gmail. PS you could also do a Word doc and type in white and no one will see it.

Chronos the 2nd 13:55 PM 02 Jul 13

Very easy and I believed is used quite frequently by all sorts of people.

As long as you both know the log in details of the account.

Bald Eagle 14:05 PM 02 Jul 13

Thanks for that. Thought it might have been a bit of poetic licence!

fourm member 15:29 PM 02 Jul 13

Isn't this the way that American general communicated with his bit on the side?

Mr Mistoffelees 16:26 PM 02 Jul 13

I strongly suspect that the Feds are both well aware of this trick and how to deal with it.

spuds 17:25 PM 02 Jul 13

I suppose anything is possible when the same minded people are working together?.

I don't know why, but when I read this post, I immediately thought about Navajo Indian's and how the American government and forces used them as 'code talkers' or 'wind whisperers' between 1942 and 1945.

sunnystaines 17:29 PM 02 Jul 13

its moved on from the real message in white text on white background under a duff message in black text.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Lumia 950 vs Lumia 950 XL: What's the difference between Lumia 950 & 950 XL?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Medium's new logo was designed

iPad Pro vs iPad Air 2 comparison: Which of Apple's flagship iPads is best for you?