Travel Challenge - save my sanity

g40 14:41 25 Oct 08

My friend has to be at Gatwick on the 20th of November to check in at 08.30, leaving from Dundee in Scotland. Ive been through almost every option but have lost the will to continue now, and was wondering if anyone might be able to suggest a fresh idea i could pursue, thanks in advance for any information or leads, G

Legolas 14:55 25 Oct 08

It looks like your friend will have to travel down the day before and stay overnight near Gatwick.

lofty29 14:58 25 Oct 08

I would have thought that what legolas proposes is the most logical scenario, there are many B&B' near the airport at rasonable rates.

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:12 25 Oct 08

I would have thought that the 'travel the day before and kip in an airport hotel' choice was startlingly obvious which would have saved you going 'through every option, unless I am missing the point?

G

g40 15:19 25 Oct 08

My friend is trying to keep costs down as much as possible, we did look at the stay overnight near Gatwick option but it certainly does increase the overall costs, i guess i should have mentioned the fact in my original post, sorry about that and thank you all so much for your contributions so far, G

Pamy 15:26 25 Oct 08

If a £35 B&B overnight stay is too much then kip in the lounge.

Pamy 15:35 25 Oct 08
  lofty29 15:39 25 Oct 08

Ah so its the bawbees that is the problem

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:53 25 Oct 08

click here the Nat Express coach leaves at 0850 from Dundee on the 19th of November and arrives just before midnight at Gatwick. It's a long journey though

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:57 25 Oct 08

..and Raileasy has a train that leaves dundee at 1731 on the 19th, arriving at Gatwick at 0150.click here

G

Forum Editor 16:09 25 Oct 08

but to travel down the day before and stay overnight. If a bed and breakfast is out of the question I suggest packing some food and drink, and trying to sleep in the airport; it's not exactly the most restful way to spend the night, but it can be done.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now