Trained by Zinedine Zidane?

Sapins 08:52 16 Oct 06
  jimv7 14:29 16 Oct 06

Ridiculous, any properly trained dog should only restrain a criminal, biting being caused by the criminal fighting the dog, or attemping to flee.

Another case of dipsticks running the country.

€dstowe 15:00 16 Oct 06

Of course, to remove all danger of being bitten by a dog (police or otherwise), why not remove the teeth of all dogs as soon as they first get them?

This will fit in with the pulling out of cat claws at birth (may as well do their teeth as well) and the excision of beaks from birds, removal of the bits of sting rays that take part in the assassination of so called "naturalists" interfering with their habitat.

The possibilities are endless

wolfie3000 15:04 16 Oct 06

€dstowe

WHAT!!!!!

I hope that is sarcasm.

Does this new law require us to muzzle our dogs at night incase we get burgled?

jimv7 15:09 16 Oct 06

wolfie3000

I have 3 shepherds, 1 dog and 2 bitches, burglars are welcome, it would save on feed for a week.

wolfie3000 15:12 16 Oct 06

Jimv7

Im with you on this but dont forget some poor burgaler might sue you if your dogs attacked.

€dstowe 15:20 16 Oct 06

"I hope that is sarcasm."

Errrr, yes.

def90csw 15:36 16 Oct 06

Will this be too PC for the PC's & their dogs?

spuds 16:21 16 Oct 06

How totally ridiculous. I have owned and trained dog's all my life, in fact I have two Staffordshire bull terriers at this very moment (remember them, media headlines 'Monster Beasts'Killer Dogs' etc). I have also owned German Shepard's (Alsatians) both in the role as pet's and for security purposes. In fact I was bitten or 'attacked' (as some people would seemingly suggest) by a trained police dog.My fault, not the dog's. I would also point out that I was not doing anything criminal at the time, I was just 'adopting' a dog, that had just been discharged from police service. Would point out, that some police forces do not allow 'adoptions', instead they put the dog's to sleep. These dog's can be very healthy, and still have many years ahead of them, if allowed to live. I think the chief constables force, mentioned in the article as a put to sleep rule and procedure.

Regarding the head butting technique, this as severe limitations especially in confined spaces. The same would apply to apprehending a person in a water environment. And I am sure most police or professional security force dog handlers would also agree on these point. Sorry chief constable, it looks like back to the drawing board, political correctness is not going to work in this case.

wiz-king 16:32 16 Oct 06

I to have had several police dogs, retired and rejected, as pets and I could not agree more with your post and they have been fine. One who was rejected when the handler had trouble making him let go was a splendid dog, I have had my arm 'gripped' when playing with him but if you just stayed still he soon got fed up and let go.

I sugest that if they want to use the head-but method they employ Great Danes!

Belatucadrus 16:33 16 Oct 06

I don't think it's such a bad idea, just think of all the high tech weapons suites you could fit to the muzzle, anaesthetic darts, tazers or just the good old harpoon point. Just think of all the wear and tear it would save on the dog, they could even incorporate it into a safety helmet to protect the dog from yobs ( or whatever the new PC term is ) with sticks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced