Traffic Wardens

egapup 20:14 23 May 07

So, traffic wardens are to get camera's in thier hats, what's next in this free country of ours? do you think George Orwell could see into the future??

Totally-braindead 20:18 23 May 07

Are they?

Jackcoms 20:28 23 May 07

What's a few more cameras in this country which already has the highest number of CCTV cameras in the world?

There are reportedly up to 4.2 million CCTV cameras in Britain - about one for every 14 people.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:31 23 May 07

If you are not doing anything wrong you have no need to worry.

G

oresome 20:31 23 May 07

Free doesn't mean free to do as you wish regardless of the consequences to others. Without parking management, there would be anarchy.

Spoken by one who received a £60 parking fine last week in the grounds of an hospital.

Totally-braindead 20:57 23 May 07

Thank you for that fourm member I'm away for a read about it.

Totally-braindead 21:05 23 May 07

My mum was the first traffic warden in my County.

Now theres a claim to fame, she had quite a few funny stories to tell including booking the Chief Constable who parked on yellow lines (and yes she did know whos car it was but believed fair was fair and he wasn't on official business anyway) and a local shop owner she booked 3 times in one day for the same thing, but sadly since it was so long ago there was no video. Oh she also booked 2 of her brothers as well at different times, one got a warning as she saw him park but he didn't believe she would give him a ticket, but she did.

oresome 21:08 23 May 07

"What part of 'no parking on a yellow line' do people find so hard to understand?"

In my case, I have to stop to deliver items. Traffic wardens will only allow continuous unloading, i.e they see you at the vehicle passing the goods to someone else.

In the last instance, I had to take the goods into the hospital, wait for the lift, find the ward, get through the door entry system, clean my hands with gel and then find the correct person to hand the goods to and then make my return trip to the vehicle. Time taken, around 15 minutes.

I understand the rule, but can't do much about it if I am to achieve a reasonable work rate.

WhiteTruckMan 22:20 23 May 07

That sounds like it could be a sketch from the two ronnies:-)

WTM

^wave^ 08:24 24 May 07

if they are being recorded all the time i see the number of parking tickets going down as the warden will have to play by the rules lets wait and see

egapup 08:28 24 May 07

"Without parking management, there would be anarchy."
We have a part time warden, 2 or 3 days a week, the town doesn't come to a grinding halt on the days she isnt here if anything life for drivers and pedestrians is a lot easier.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…