Traditional English Haggis...?

Quickbeam 11:36 03 Aug 09

click here Jusy thought I'd stir things up a bit:)

wiz-king 11:39 03 Aug 09

I'm fed-up the the English getting the blame! Home-rule for England!!!!

Bingalau 11:53 03 Aug 09

I've just sent this very article to all my Scottish friends to wind them up. Macscouse's LHO will have a purple fit. So I haven't sent it to her, just so she can't blame me and take it out on me next time she manages to escape the immigration authorities and get to Liverpool.

dagnammit 12:16 03 Aug 09

It's still disgusting regardless of who made it.

Chegs ®™ 12:25 03 Aug 09

I like haggis,cumberland sausage & black pudding and dont give a pigs burp who/what/where or when.

wee eddie 13:10 03 Aug 09

Through-out Europe there have been sausages since the beginning of time. They were the way people used all the off-cuts and little bits of meat taken off the carcase after the other cuts had been removed.

Think lots of little bits of meat and a bulking agent, maybe some herbs and spices, stuffed into a piece of Gut. Omnivores gut - long and thin. Herbivores Gut - short and round.

Some were made with Raw Meat and others with Cooked, some were Smoked and others Cured, some were eaten Dried and others Cooked, some were eaten Hot and others Cold, some were made from, beef and others, pork or mutton.

Think, Mortadella, Bratwurst, Salami, Saussison and Haggis, etcetera. Traditional, all the way from Finland to Italy.

laurie53 20:49 03 Aug 09

Actually it is normally the English who make all the fuss, and the silly jokes, about haggis.

The Scots seem to just get on with eating it if they like it and ignoring it if they don't (and many don't).

I am neither English nor Scots so have no particular axe to grind.

AL47 20:53 03 Aug 09

yuck!

but it is funny

Macscouse 21:09 03 Aug 09

Just returned from a day out, and saw your earlier posting. LHO has gone straight off to her mothers, to borrow the her copy of Scottish Spells & Potions, Vol 4. Boy, are you in trouble!!

SB23 21:44 03 Aug 09

Some friends of mine always brought me a haggis back from their hols in Scotland. They just must of been catching it before they went over the border, lol!
To be honest, haggis is lovely wherever its made.
So I don't care.

SB23 21:53 03 Aug 09

click here

Interesting.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…