Toys ....grrrr

newman35 15:45 10 Oct 07

click here

RETAILERS (!!) are now telling us what our kids will want to buy from THEM.
Has the world gone mad? This is promotional blackmail running riot.

Earthsea 16:00 10 Oct 07

'Representing more than 75% of the toy trade, the Association’s role is to inform and advise members on current and future legislation, as well as ethical practices in respect of toy safety, requirements under the Health and Safety Executive, consumer and employment rights.

'It acts as both a watchdog and persuader to ensure fair play for toy retailers and represents the toy retail sector on government panels and safety organisations in the UK.'

click here

This is nothing new, but I suppose it's a bit hard on the 25% of the toy trade it doesn't represent.

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:21 10 Oct 07

Any parent that queues all night to secure a toy or buys toys that they cannot afford because their sprogs demand them, needs to go to parenting classes ASAP and to stop being a wuss.

G

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:25 10 Oct 07

Just say NO!

wolfie3000 17:40 10 Oct 07

Ironicly Optimus prime was the must have toy when i was a child,

Im surprised theres no consoles in the list,
But i do agree with GANDALPH <|:-)>

Bingalau 20:03 10 Oct 07

I also agree with Gandalf.. Can we extend the same system to clothes buying and tell them to stop being "Wuss's"?

mrwoowoo 20:57 10 Oct 07

Around my neck of the woods it seems the most horrid and obnoctious brats are the ones who are spoilt rotten and get everything they demand.
Be it designer clothes,game consoles or the latest mobile.The strange thing is,the more their parents let them have,the worse they are spoken to.
Byeing a child everything he/she demands is no way to earn respect,or to teach them the value of things.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…